Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 2 of 2.

Jamie/Cara put their eyeballs back in their heads and pick their jaws up from the pavement at the news that the leg's not over, they haven't won squat, and that they all need to keep going.

heh.

And even more stunned are Kisha/Jen, who are convinced that the meltdown at the swimming pool has effectively bounced them from the race. Nope. They've been reprieved, and again, although I'm less-than-thrilled with this team, I am glad they're not going out this way... Jen showed an awful lot of heart in the water, and she's earned at least another fighting chance.

Go find the trademarked Travelocity Gnome (Phil: "Gnawm." We Dwecks kid amongst ourselves about this pronunciation every single season.). Move on to electric bikes, by the Forbidden City and Tiannemen Square and off to a Detour: Opera or Waiters.

Opera - Dress in traditional garb, including extensive makeup, and present yourself to the operamaster.

Waiter - Collect food orders from a table full of diners, take the verbiage to the cook, who needs to understand you distinctly. Wait for the prep and deliver the dishes.

Truth be told, Waiter looks KILLER, especially when, as Victor tells us, there are so many gradations of meaning in Mandarin that hinge on pronunciation.

Oh, and there's a U-Turn.

Tam/Vic choose Waiter, not surprisingly.

Margie/Luke choose Opera. Luke isn't exactly talented in the Estee Lauder department.

Jamie/Cara have cab issues. This theme will dog them this entire leg.

Kisha/Jen choose Opera, but are U-Turned by Tam/Vic, who aren't sure they can beat the sisters in a footrace.

Jamie/Cara choose Opera. But get twisted around for the next THREE HOURS, cursing all of mainland China looking for a cluebox that is basically around the corner from where they started.

Roadblock: Eat a plateful of disgusting fried stuff.

Vic chomps it down. He and Tammy come in first.

Kisha/Jen go back to do Waiter. They actually fare pretty well, but time is bleeding.

Margie/Luke are sniping at each other.

Yadda-yadda.

The final three are Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, who Phil TORMENTS with a five-star psyche at the mat. Bad Phil.

Sent home are Kisha/Jen, and we get the usual tearful goodbye about how fun it's all been and how much they've learned from each other.

Next week: It's all over in Hawaii.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
How would you like living with that? Stopping at the port-a-potty cost you a chance at a million dollars.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You piss you miss?
Yeah, how could I forget that little tinkle-wrinkle in the recap?!?!?!

Why didn't she just wet herself? She would only have ruined the opera clothes, not her own stuff!

Wonder if the TAR bathmat is self-absorbant and moisture-wicking?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
They would have had a real shot at the $1 million too.. looks shear brute force is going to be a big factor in the final leg.. those girls could have kicked ass considering the teams left don't appear to fare too well.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Ok, I have to admit, I was screaming Pee in Your Pants! at the tv so loudly the dogs left the room. I'd pee in my pants sitting at my desk right now for a million dollars.

I am stuck voting for Jaime/Cara in the finals. I hate Margie/Luke, and Tammy/Victor had such an exteme advantage with the month's worth of episodes in a country where they speak the language that I can't root for them.

Anybody else notice how much Jen looked like Obama's older daughter? We thought it was pretty striking.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to laugh at Tammy/Victor, whose entire story arc this season seemed to be the Emergence of Tammy, as Victor learned to let her shine on her own and not be such the Domineering Older Brother.

Yet he insisted on reciting the menu items with her IN UNISON. Even after she told him to shut it!

Still, I like them. They're my pick for the mil.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ok, I have to admit, I was screaming Pee in Your Pants!
LOL, me too!!!

million dollars, I would have peed my pants. I'll be hoping for the underdogs, but my money is on Victor and tammy. Luke and Marg turned out to be too whiney for me.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I totally would pee my pants on national TV for a million dollars. What was she thinking??

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I just read the TAR recap on ew.com. Very funny!

I dig Cara, the way that she rarely loses her cool (except briefly on this episode, when she snapped at Jaime for implying that this leg was Cara's fault), and seems to be enjoying the Race and taking her pal with a grain of salt. The way she blithely waves away Jaime's obnoxiousness makes said obnoxiousness look like a put-on, which is the reason that I can find them entertaining rather than completely hateful. Without Cara, Jaime would be completely despicable, but with her, she's Jasmine Guy on A Different World.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts