Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One more rehash of the Great Bathmat Wars of Season 14, and we're off to Beijing. Victor/Tam continue to have this leg rest firmly in their sweet spot, including their ability to get the airlines to toss the other teams way in the back of the plane.

Margie/Luke and Kisha/Jen are still tense at the airport, and K/J risk a further ramp-up of the hostilities when they kinda line-hop (or, depending on how you view it, make a smart move to another counter in response to a nixed credit card). But no drama this time.

In Beijing, they've got to endure a tortorous foot massage. Tam finds a Zen spot and fares well, but the others are writhing in pain. Had to stifle a laugh at Luke: Participants were able to say "Uncle" to gain some relief from the agony, but I wondered if his masseuse, given his unique accent and her inability to really undertstand English at all, she'd've quit it if he gave the signal anyway.

Teams limp on. They go to the center where Michael Phelps won his gold medals in swimming, and there, they must either synchronize a jump of a 3-meter board or swim 400 meters in relay.

Kisha/Jen fall apart completely here. Bouncing from task to task and chewing time, Jen needs to get over a deeply rooted fear of the water and move on. Kisha is wonderfully supportive here and, say what you want about this pair and their sportsmanship or lack thereof, it's tough not to feel sorry for them at this juncture.

Tam/Vic aren't doing much better. They attempt the jump over and over and over but can't coordinate it. Finally, they go swimming and finish the task, but a lot of time has bled.

Jamie/Cara manage to pull out first and cannot believe they're actually in postion to nab first place and a prize.

They get to the mat and are indeed the initial team to arrive....

Only....

Phil hands them another clue and tells them to keep racing!!

BWAH!

All of which means that despite Margie/Luke cacking and rolling their hands that Kisha/Jen are assuredly snuffed, the leg ain't over yet.........

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
race on.....:D glad it wasn't elimination yet...that pool chore got the teams all mixed up and I haven't decided who I want to win yet.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
GAH! To be continued!

I can't believe Margie/Luke have gotten this far.. i would never have pegged them to last this long.. a typical mom/child team doesn't do very well.. Margie has surprised me quite a few times!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Margie and Luke had the fastest time swimming.

As much as Tammy and Victor said they weren't swimmers and wasted so much time on the "dive", I thought they swam pretty well. Better than I would have. Smart of Tammy to take lessons before the race.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were SCREAMING at Victor w/the leg cramps: JUST GET IN THE FRIGGIN CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I lol'd at tammy..

Victor: OMG it's hurts so bad!
Tammy: Can you get in the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts