Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're off on the Road to Malaysia (with apologies to Hope and Crosby).

More flight wiggling. Uchenna/Joyce decide to roll the dice and set themselves up for a skweeker of a connection to be made in Frankfurt. The other teams (especially Eric/Danielle) play it safer. Charla/Mirna make big enemies w/Eric/Danielle by HOGGING two computers for their Internet connections. Eric later whomps Mirna with a karma-stick when she needs a favor from a travel agent. Touche!

Next cluebox has a yield. Charla/Mirna are there first, so nobody can Yield them (would that they could!!). But the BQs yield Eric/Danielle for some reason. The Yield, however, proves relatively innocent.

Once in Kuala Lumpur, teams either have to find a licorice center in the middle of a zillion cookies or print up some fabric using batik. Charla/Mirna chomp on the cookies -- and they take some (undeserved) recognition from the locals, who cheer them on (~~hurk~~).

Danny/Oswald commit some nearly fatal mistakes here, opting for the cookies first, but then getting confused on the directions: Oswald is convinced that after biting ONE cookie in the box, it's enough. Danny, however, believes that they must bite each one to find the correct cookie. So they leave for the batik. But then second-guess themselves, returning to the cookies. After which, they abandon it again for the batik. C'mon boys! Less sniping and more racing, please!

Uchenna/Joyce make it to Frankfurt, and are smoked. They've missed their connection and are stuck.

Charla/Mirna also give up on the cookies and go do batik. But Charla can't reach the fabric, so this is entirely Mirna's deal, which kinda negates the whole "task teams do together" thing. Mirna also interviews several times, saying how honorably they've raced and how proud she is of their performance -- they haven't ridden any coattails, haven't been bitchy like the other teams, have led rather than followed, etc. etc. I guess she's forgetting all those cabbies she paid off (or tried to) and how many strangers she corralled into showing her EXACTLY where to go. Not to mention all her follow-that-cabism.

And all the while, there's no sight of Uchenna and Joyce.

Dustin/Kandace do the batik without much trouble. Danny/Oswald do the batik but have mis-counted the pattern and must do it again. Eric/Danielle do cookies and -- after a while -- find the delicious licorice center.

They race off to a roadblock where one teammate must ride in a bicycle with a sidecar and hawk for newspapers to recycle, repeating a Malaysian phrase that sounds like "Barack Obama!" Charla can't pedal, so this one is Mirna's too. She again meets some fans -- little kids -- who help her. Good God, she actually thinks that they're groupies awaiting her instruction (little Mirnologists), so she kisses them on the forehead and tells them to be good in school and study hard and someday, they'll be Charlas/Mirnas, too. Perish the thought.

Danny/Oswald have trouble w/the newspapers, too. Oswald ends up BUYING several stax of papers to recycle, which concerns me from a penalty standpoint, considering they were told to ASK for them from residents, not purchase them from a store.

Danielle does the newspaper task. She jolts her bike on the curb and sets the wheel a-wobbling, bumping up the comedy quotient significantly.

Once done, they all fly for the bathmat. Dustin/Kandace are Team #1. Followed by Charla/Mirna (Noooooo!), Eric/Danielle, and Danny/Oswald.

At the first cluebox after their connecting flight to Malasia, Uchenna/Joyce get the bad news: Report directly to the bathmat. They're the last team to arrive and are Philiminated.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
By the time Uchenna and Joyce finally showed up, I had forgotten they were even on the show. They didn't show them for at least half an hour and I just forgot about them. They were very gracious, which I guess isn't that hard when you've already got a million.

Why, oh why, does anybody EVER pick the task that has them searching through piles of stuff. Whether cookies or big piles of salt, it is never the right choice. It always takes forever and invariably they end up switching after having wasted hours. It makes me scream at the tv.

Oswald, and I don't understand why people love he and Danny so much, should have been penalized. Buying the papers went against the whole point of the task. Any chance that will come up next week?

And I still hate Eric/Danielle. Ick.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Great recap.

I wondered if the cookie clue said they could only use their mouths to break the cookies. I would have been crushing them with my hands looking for anything with a dark center, then tasting. 600 boxes times 1-2 dozen/box = a hellova lot a cookies. ;D

Oh by the way, it's Malaysia/Malaysian if you want to correct your typo.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rottnlabs said:
Great recap.

I wondered if the cookie clue said they could only use their mouths to break the cookies. I would have been crushing them with my hands looking for anything with a dark center, then tasting. 600 boxes times 1-2 dozen/box = a hellova lot a cookies. ;D

Oh by the way, it's Malaysia/Malaysian if you want to correct your typo.
I think the clue said 'bite.'

But then again, the other clues also said 'walk' and 'donate.'

Thx for the spelling correction -- thank God I'm not Rob and Amber putting directional signs together!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts