Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last leg, here we go. Teams leave Guam for Hawaii, and Charla/Mirna beg their way on yet another good flight at a connection point in Tokyo. They are the anti Eric/Danielle, who couldn't seem to BUY a break on a flight the entire race.

But they all go shooting off to Oahu, where they must sign up for helicopters. Charla/Mirna are in first, and my palms are sweating like crazy. DETOUR: Teams must either swim into a rocky grotto or paddle on surfboards while standing. C/M do the boards, where Charla kicks Mirna's BUTT at being skillful. E/D and Dustin/Kandace do the swimming, which turns out to be the tougher choice, but they both pull it off rather quickly. C/M maintain a skweeky lead.

They go to Shipwreck Beach, where C/M fall apart completely. First, they're taken over on a rocky footrace, where E/D pass them. And then they blow it on a kayak, where they must row out to sea, nab a clue, and return. C/M make a CRITICAL error by putting Meerkat in the front of the kayak. Clearly, she belonged in the back, both from a weight standpoint and a power standpoint. But no, Mirna is in front, and they're going nowhere fast.

D/K are having trouble, too. They come up with a rather lame-brained approach of WALKING through the surf and THEN jumping into the kayak, which doesn't work too well, either. They also fight, which is rare for the Queenz, but they make up in a decidedly Beauty Pageant way, with tears, and all is well with the girls.

Off to San Fran. Everyone's on the same flight. They go to the Old Mint, where the final task involves matching answers to what teammates think of the other competitors. It's a really cool task, and IMHO, Eric made a terrific strategic decision (and the others made a fatal strategic decision) by NOT REPEATING NUMBERS!!!! C/M and D/K are both flummoxed because their partners repeated numbers, whereas Eric used four individual numbers, making it somewhat easier (more intuitive) for Danielle to figure out.

It's then a taxi ride to the final bathmat, and as much as the editors would like us to think this is tight, it's really not. Eric and Dani win a million. Dustin/Kandace come in second, which is a little disappointing, as they ran a good race throughout, but it may be karma coming back for one last bite. And Charla/Mirna come in third, a respectable finish, considering they out-did teams like Rob/Amber and Danny/Oswald.

It was a good season of TAR; I'm not big into All-Stars gimmickry, but for what it was, it was entertaining....

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Im just glad C/M didnt win. I kept yelling at the TV "get behind the boat, the waves were not that bad there." But no one listened to me. I laughed and laughed at C/M on the boat. I dont think 10 mins long enough on the safe. They shoulda kept the losing teams there longer.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I am SOOO glad that C/M did not win. I was bummed the BQ's lost but if C?M had won I would have been ticked. Rob and Amber did not look thrilled to be there and not be the winners.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charla was actually okay, but Mirna was a shrew. Both here on All-Stars and in their original season. Mirna didn't change one iota in the time between her first TAR appearance and this one.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
dweck said:
Charla was actually okay, but Mirna was a shrew. Both here on All-Stars and in their original season. Mirna didn't change one iota in the time between her first TAR appearance and this one.
Last night my DH said, "all Mirna does is scream at Charla." I kind of liked Charla. In any case, great show. I will tune in next season.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I like Charla too, bless her heart. That girl has the patience of Job. Not kidding. Can you imagine putting up with Mirna's constant naggy chatter? Charla never even looks ruffled.

I was a little disappointed the BQ's didn't win. I was rooting for them after Danny and Oswald left. I only started getting into this a few weeks ago, and even since then I am in the room, out of the room, so I didn't feel like I really knew much about Danielle and Eric.

Dan, sure glad to have you back! I don't always post, but I always enjoy these updates! Sometimes (a lot of the time) they are better than the show! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts