Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teams leave Kuala Lumpur for Macao. And Danny/Oswald have their worst leg ever, dropping from first to worst in one shot. Only an oddly placed NEL saves their skins. Boys - DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN, okay??

Faced with a financial crunch, they make a pact with the devil and agree to 'sell' their Yield to the BQs, who want to see anyone slammed but themselves. The four decide to dump once again on Eric/Danielle, who are in last place and under the elimination gun anyway....

Tasks this leg include a walk around (and plummet from) the tallest structure in Macao -- a stunt that made my palms sweat just LOOKING at it... And Phil, what are you doing walking around a building!?!?!? GET DOWN FROM THERE THIS INSTANT, YOUNG MAN!!

Eric/Danielle arrive at the tower just in time to see that they've been skunked again. They vow revenge on Oswald/Danny, but Karma gives a wooping in their stead.

At the Detor, the choice is between making noodles and delivering boat props. The BQs, Schmirna, and Eric/Danielle all make noodles. Schmirna bleeds time because Mirna can't cut the pasta thin enough for the judge, a shortcoming she then tries to WHINE her way out of, but he holds firm (yay judge) and sends them back to square one. Also -- HURK!! -- to Charla for standing ON THE TABLE on which the noodles were being made. ICK! With those heelies that have been all over the world?? Bleh! Even in a post-detour interview, she can't 'own' the fact that she screwed up here. Oh, MIRNA!!

Oswald/Danny choose to deliver the boat props. Uh-oh... They're vexed by a wayward non-English-reading cabbie who brings them to the END of the task first, not the beginning. They then get lost -- very lost -- walking the streets of Macao.

Eric/Danielle recover from the Yield nicely and even pass Schmirna dring the noodles.

Teams must then drive themselves in li'l golf carts to the pitstop. But the gearshift is 'backward,' so Mirna has huge problems navigating it, to the point that she completely blocks an intesection and needs the police to push her out of the way (ha!).

Danny/Oswald continue running the clock. The BQs check in as first. Eric/Dani arrive next but begin serving their 30-min sentence. Oswald/Danny are now racing Schmirna to the mat, but Schmirna arrives first. Eric/Dani then finish their 30-min wait.

And Danny/Oswald finally arrive. The sad music accompanies them, and it may be time to bid their wonderfulness adieu, but Phil grins and gives them a reprieve. They're marked for elim, but not out of it yet.

Thank goodness!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know nobody here likes Eric and Danielle but for some reason despite Danielle ability to form tears at every road block I really like the team. Last night's teaser of an ending almost made me cry for them too...then to find out it was all for show because it was a Non-elimination!!! I don't like to be teased like that. So on to another week of racing with the same teams. Somehow Charla and Mirna are still in it. Do you notice Mirna getting more and more evil toward Charla?? That lady is a wench.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Oh my gosh!

I thought the wind was going to blow Charla off the tower lol

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
The four decide to dump once again on Eric/Danielle, who are in last place and under the elimination gun anyway....
It was all the BQs in that decision. They decided Eric/Danielle. When they went off to the side to figure out how much money to offer and who to tell D/O to yield, they were saying they felt bad, but they were tougher competitors, blah blah blah. Then they went on to lie to E/D about it later. "We gave them money to yield anyone but us." No, you gave them money to yield ERIC and DANIELLE. At least own it.

So, if E&D had come in last again, even though they were marked for elimination would they have not been eliminated. That would have been quite a cop out.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no way -- in a zillion years -- I could have ever done that Skywalk. I was hyperventilating just watching it on TV. Li'l Charla looked like she was going to blow away like a used candy bar wrapper....

Yeah, I didn't quite catch that the BQs played footloose-fancy-free with the facts when describing their role in the Yield Sell, but now that you reminded me, Melissa, they were covering their beehinds. I guess if E/D had come in last again, they'd've been marked for elimination AGAIN and would've had to come in first AGAIN!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Eric and Danielle are fierce competitors and the beauty queens were smart to yeild them...again. Even though it was bad to do it a second time overall in the game the Beauty Queens haven't been as good as players as Eric and Danielle...imo, so the yeild made good sense. I still wish Rob and Amber would have made it farther though!! ;D

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I can't stand the whining that goes on when a yield is played. IT IS PART OF THE GAME.

And Mirna saying something D/O making a deal with the BQ's is like making a deal with the devils was just silly. She is so high and mighty. Drives me insane.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I was aaso hoping they would Yield Schmirna. I hate them, have I told you that? :p I wish Rob and Amber would have made it farther too. D/O better knock our Schrmina.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
My first thought when Charla took off the side of the building was that she looked like one of the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. "Fly my pretties, fly"

And can we get rid of the whining over the Yield. Just shut up. I am so sick of teams vowing vengeance on whomever uses an actual tool of the game to win. It reminded me of Mookie on Survivor making a big deal over how Cassandra made a big mistake making her his enemy. Oh, shut up. You'd think that after years of watching these shows, the contestants would know how ridiculous that makes them look.

Danny/Oswald irritate the crap out of me. Ask for some directions. Walking all over town for no apparent reason other than stubbornness. They need to go home.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Golfgirlrobin said:
My first thought when Charla took off the side of the building was that she looked like one of the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz. "Fly my pretties, fly"
Thanks for the coffee snort all over my monitor. BWahahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
So, if E&D had come in last again, even though they were marked for elimination would they have not been eliminated. That would have been quite a cop out
Didn't Dave and Mary have this happen in their season? I don't remember if their season had the 30 minute penalty or the "you get no money for this leg and give me all your belongings." But I seem to remember them being saved by a NEL 2 weeks in a row?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Say what you will about Schmirna, I did think it was awfully nice of Mirna to say to O/D that she would have bankrolled them for nothing, simply because they needed it. Of course, she had her own nest to feather doing that -- she wants those BQs out at ALL COSTS. So I'm guessing that she thought if she could help O/D, she'd increase the chances that SOMEONE -- ANYONE -- would bump the Queens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts