Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat has decided that when she wants to get on my lap, she stretches up and politely taps me on the elbow with her paw to ask me to move it. Always three taps, pause, three taps, pause. When I move my arm, she hops up happily. When I don't, she scratches the fabric on the chair.

I've never had a pet that tapped me on the arm to get my attention. It's sort of unnerving.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Milly will paw my leg if I am not playing with her and all other attempts at getting my attention failed. It's a bit strange....

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Casey does it.

Our cat just jumps up on us. If we ignore him and put him back on the floor, he jumps back up and makes a point to include nails. Lol. He isn't ignored very often...too painful!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I love how animals get people's attention.

Daisy is a nudger. She will nudge your arm amd if you ingnore that the whole heads slides under your arm and she presses her face against yours.

Maggie will grab a shoe ,sock or kitchen towel and stick it in your face. It's her way of saying, play,potty, feed me, bored ,happy, or look I have a towel. It's up to me to decide what it means.

The squirrels will sit on the porh railing staring through the windoe until their feeder is filled.

The birds will roost next to the bedroom window and shriek until their feeder is filled.

We don't have a cat but if we did I suspect we'd get threatening E-mails.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
theoconbrio said:
My cat has decided that when she wants to get on my lap, she stretches up and politely taps me on the elbow with her paw to ask me to move it. Always three taps, pause, three taps, pause. When I move my arm, she hops up happily. When I don't, she scratches the fabric on the chair.

I've never had a pet that tapped me on the arm to get my attention. It's sort of unnerving.
Well, it's more polite than a huge Lab head shoving it's way under your elbow and flipping your entire arm up! ;) My Golden used to put his paw on my left knee when I was on the computer. If I ignored him, he'd flex his toes a couple of times, just to let me know he was there. That movement was almost like a hand with fingeres stretching on the knee. Cracked me up every time he did it!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Aww...I love it. Willow was a tapper too. And if we were in bed and he wanted me to pet/scratch him, he'd look up at me and lightly tap my face. It was impossible to say no to that face.

My others don't tap. :(

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
That's pretty neat actually Nathan - I don't have any tappers, just Abzilla the bonker. She bonks everything with her nose.

I'd be afraid if Cleo could tap. I think it's just one step away from morse code really. Then you'd be screwed.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If Boomer, the youngest beagle is sitting in my lap getting his tummy scratched and I stop, I get smacked with a paw. BJ has learned to do the same :D

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
If Cinnamon has to go potty in the middle of the night she hunts around the bed and sits on my feet. They can be anywhere on the queen size bed and she will find them..doesn't make a sound just sits on the feet.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TangerineFizz said:
I'd be afraid if Cleo could tap. I think it's just one step away from morse code really. Then you'd be screwed.
Wait a minute. This morning's message: "ATTENTION ALL HUMANS STOP YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED STOP DO NOT RESIST STOP."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts