Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I put my foot down on the bulge I was feeling on his abdomen. SU is always ho humming anything I think is wrong. He will go along with me if I put my foot down but if I don't he will just go with the flow and now try to rock any boats.

I called A&M first thing before I left for work. This was at 8:00. They wanted to hand me off to oncology with the soonest appt on Thurs although I had asked for Internal Medicine to see him. I asked if I could see Internal sooner and the gal said can you get here by 10:00.....SU was not happy about that but we jumped directly in the car and went.

We left him there for Ultrasound, chest x-rays, and blood work. I was afraid it was the cancer possible a tumor on the liver making this bulge. But.........Tank has a hernia. The place where they stitched him together was coming apart and his intestines were starting to come out through the hole. They were afraid that it would open more and everything start coming out.

Now for the GREAT news. The ultrasound and chest x-ray showed NO let me repeat NO signs of metastasis from the cancer. They are all scratching their heads. He should be gone by now and they can't find any tumors. Who knows?????? Anyway, the surgery for the hernia should go ok. They are going to put permanent stitches in and should not have to go in any further than just to sew it back up where it is coming apart. Hopefully I can pick him up on Wednesday if all goes well.

Put him in your thoughts tomorrow for a good outcome on the surgery.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
the best of thoughts and prayers are headed for tankie (as well as you and SU)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Tank's successful surgery and recovery.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Good thoughts for Tank. He's sure been through the wringer and back again. Hopefully they will get this under control and he will be home soon!!!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
My good thought and prayers for Tank and a successful surgery. I am so thrilled to hear that they can't find any tumor. Hopefully, this good news will get even better.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Sending good thoughts to Tankie for surgery tomorrow. How wonderful that the cancer hasn't spread!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Wooooooohoooooo..on the NO cancer thing..that's awesome..Prayers coming your way for you and Tankie..I first thought hernia..when I read your forum post..but kept my mouth shut..in case I was wrong..I am so happy it's something easily fixed instead of the worst it could have been. Way to go Tankie..praying that the surgery and recovery go well!!!!!!!
I'm very happy for you both............Jackie

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
AWESOME!!! What incredible news about the cancer, Sandie! ;D Thank You, Lord.

Prayers that the surgery is quick and easy, and Tank has a fast recovery.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Thank God. When I read you post yesterday the firsat thing that came to mind was hernia, but then what do I know. So glad the cancer has not spread.
Holding Tank in my thoughts and prayers for a simple surgery and fast recovery.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Best of luck with the hernia surgery tomorrow Tankie. Sandie, I am sooooo happy that they found no signs of metasasizing as well. That is great news!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts