Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was fine when I got home last night and pretty much normal albeit a little lazy. This morning he was his normal "I am going to bug the living heck out of you until you give me as many cookies as I can eat until you walk out the door to work".

He goes to A&M tomorrow / Thursday to get his staples removed and an Adaquan injection and blood work to check on his platelets. We will see what they say about his episode yesterday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has been doing fantastic since his surgery 2 weeks ago to redo his internal incision from the spleenectomy in January. Also all ultrasound, xray, and echocardiogram showed no cancer metastisizing at that time. The only place they did not look was the brain but did not feel they needed to.

I was in the bathroom getting ready for work this morning and he was on the floor as he normally is just hanging out after he had breakfast. Nothing unusual. I little scratching of his chin and just hanging. Then he got up and slowly walked into my master bedroom closet which is off the bathroom. I asked him where he was going because he never goes in there unless I do. He went straight for a far corner and went under my clothes and curled up and layed down. I went in and told him he knew he was not supposed to be in there to come and he just layed there. I asked him if he wanted a cookie and "nothing" no reaction. I ran and "got" a cookie and put it in front of him "nothing". Now I am panicking big time. He is staring like he can't see with squinty eyes. I tried to pull him out of the corner and he tried to get up but fell back down. I then got a blanket and rolled him onto it and dragged him through the bathroom, my bedroom, and out into the family room. He layed on his side and seemed to be comfortable. His gums seemed pink and breathing ok. After about 10 minutes I thought he was going to start snoring :) then I layed next to him and started to pet him and he did a big old on his side stretch so I am thinking he has got to be ok. Half hour later I opened the refrig door and took out his bag of special cookies and I hear him getting up and around the corner he comes wanting a cookie....geeesh.

I wonder if he had a seizure? He had some back about 3 years ago but he would tremble when he had them. He did not seize up this time.

I hope it was a seizure.....much better than a tumor bleed but I would not expect a tumor bleed as they could not see anything going on 2 weeks ago.

and............SU is out of town of course. I went into work about 9:00 and ran home at 1:00 and checked him and he seemed ok.

Nothing like getting your heart jump started first thing in the morning.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: Tankie Had a Collapse This Morning

Oh man...I hope he's ok Sandie. You guys have been through so much.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Whatever it was, and would have to agree with your thinking it not being a tumor bleed, I hope it never happens again.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Oh no, Tank (and you). I'd be panicking too if it happened to one of mine (just because). I hope he is feeling better and your heart started beating again.

·
Registered
762 Posts

Oh no poor Tankie! (And You!!)

Hope it's nothing too serious. You guys have been through more than your fair share lately. :'(

Give Tank a big get well soon hug from us!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts

Looks like he is just trying to keep you on your toes. Sure hope it's nothing extra going on. Prayers coming for the both of you.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

What a worry for you :( As I was reading your post I was thinking maybe a seizure? All things considered I'm hoping it was one rather then anything else.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

OMG ! I hope he's still acting ok...... I sure hope it never happens again, either !! Poor YOU....... I can just imagine how you felt....... we are always thinking of you and Tank...... sending good thoughts !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
6,666 Posts

I'm so glad he seems to be feeling better. That had to be so scary. Continued good thoughts for you and Tankie.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Aw, Sandie. For all he has endured, maybe he just needed to "womb up" a little bit. Darkness, mommy smells from the closet, quiet. Just a retreat into his own comfort zone.

All the love, darlin. All the love!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

I wonder if he had a small stroke. Maybe a blood clot broke lose and hit his brain. They are called TIA's in humans (transient ischemic attacks)

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

I'm glad that it passed quickly, and I hope that it doesn't happen again. I hope that both of you are recovering nicely, because I know that that would take the wind out of my sails. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

When I saw the title to the thread my heart stopped. I'm glad he seems to be ok and I hope it was just a mild seizure. I never thought I would say that. I would have been shook too...Good thoughts and a prayer for you and Tankie.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Oh Sandie!! Poor Tank! I hope he's feeling right as rain again soon. It's sooo scary when they refuse the cookies!!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Poor Tank - he obviously wasn't feeling well and looking for a cool secure spot - at least that is what I think he did by going into your closet. Sure hope it doesn't happen again.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts