Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing of interest in the stool sample. So either fish oil or food allergy. Gave him some meds to slow it down. If it goes away and stays away with the same food I will try the fish oil again and see what the result is.

Pics are from yesterday. I love it when they sleep together and Orson smashes his face into the crook of Tank's back leg :-* . If Orson were smaller I probably could not find him amongst the toys ;)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Those two, it just doesn't get any cuter. I love that 3rd pic of Tankie with his paw like a pillow. I could just kiss that sweet boy all over his adorable face!!! I was just noticing, he doesn't have much gray, and he's 10 right? That little Orson is so precious, he sure loves his big brudder!!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just noticing, he doesn't have much gray, and he's 10 right?
Tank will be 11 in May - so yes he is on the back side of 10. He started getting some gray at 2 years old but then it really slowed down. Don't know - maybe all the meds and x-rays he has been exposed to. "Sandie runs and makes note to have my doctor order more xrays" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Ugh. Vets and their food allergy bit. Honestly I do not buy into it. Food allergies are rare and Orson is eating what he was on since weaning. I think its the fish oil or just a tummy thing.
Sully just had a bout of serious vomiting and squirts. I think its a tummy bug. But she ended up at the animal hospital for several hours yesterday because she started to refuse to eat.
She is taking reglan and cimetidine and on a bland diet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I just love the pictures of these two. They are so sweet together. I've had good luck with 100% pure canned pumpkin for loose stool. Hope Orson feels better soon.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our vet gave Endosorb but I think it was resolving as of this morning. Hubby said he had a normal poop an hour ago. He was going 10+ times a day and today only about 5 so far.

I agree Kim with the food thing totally. I really think it was the fish oil myself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wonderful pics! Out of all the dogs I have had I think my lab had the most sensitive stomach. Usually my vet would say just give water for 24 hours, then chicken/rice for about 3 days. That always seemed to work. A lot of times though I would just wait 8 hours, then start the chicken/rice.
And I'm laughing looking at all the toys! I thought I was bad, but you have me beat!
Debbie

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Gorgeous pics of your gorgeous boys, Sandie!!! :D

I just love how Orson sleeps like that!! :happy:

PS. I hate when vets just say that diarrhea is due to a food allergy :suspious: he's not even 3 months old yet! I'd be willing to bet that the fish oil was prolly too rich for him. ;)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I just love looking at pictures of the two of them!! Orson has got my heart. He’s so cute I just want to cuddle up with him and his big brother.. I scan “lab chat” daily to see if you posted pics!!
There should be a requirement of minimum 10 pics a day of your boys! :-* :-*

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Awwwww....I love how they cuddle! I'm so jealous! Brooklyn gives a low rumbly growl if Remy even touches her (still bitter about those puppy teeth methinks) so there is no cuddling in my house. And look at his legs! He's sprouting fer shur!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.