Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..when I got home, we played fetch for awhile, then I took him to PetCo and got him a new toy..ok actually toys...then we went to the park. We walked some...he swam a bit then we headed home. The only reason I stopped him from swimming is because I thought he was getting a little tired.

So we get home..I feed him...we play keep away and I fix my own dinner. I go into the living room and somehow he figured out how to unzip the cushion cover on the couch and had started to pull off the foam filling in chunks..:( I caught him and just said a sharp NO!, picked up the foam pieces and then when we were in the kitchen I gated off the door...

I guess no matter how much you think you have Lab proofed your place there will be something they figure out! It never occured to me that he could get the thing unzipped..I think he just felt he had found a new chewtoy..lol

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
myfavoritedog said:
I guess no matter how much you think you have Lab proofed your place there will be something they figure out! It never occured to me that he could get the thing unzipped..I think he just felt he had found a new chewtoy..lol
I agree!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Nothing is Lab proof. I'm willing to bet, that if we lived in concrete houses with stone furnishings ,something still would be chewed!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Uh oh... I hate to tell you this, but that's how the destruction of our couch started. Abby has a fascination with zippers - she does the same thing Tal does, and while she hasn't done it lately (knock on wood) for about a year, she hit everything with a zipper in our house - none of my 12 couch cushions are the same anymore - she's unzipped and unstuffed all of them.

I hope this was a one time shot for Tal.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TangerineFizz said:
Uh oh... I hate to tell you this, but that's how the destruction of our couch started. Abby has a fascination with zippers - she does the same thing Tal does, and while she hasn't done it lately (knock on wood) for about a year, she hit everything with a zipper in our house - none of my 12 couch cushions are the same anymore - she's unzipped and unstuffed all of them.

I hope this was a one time shot for Tal.
So do I...I'll just have to watch him more carefully....I think it was just accidental because he has never focused it before.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me what mischief they find to get into. Boo is like that, just out of the blue something will strike her and bam it becomes history. ;D

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I had to post again...this morning I heard Brigetta get up and go into the bathroom, when I went in there she had pulled a bath towel down and had eaten a corner of it! She has never paid attention to a towel before :-\

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brigettas Mom said:
I had to post again...this morning I heard Brigetta get up and go into the bathroom, when I went in there she had pulled a bath towel down and had eaten a corner of it! She has never paid attention to a towel before :-\
Well they keep us on our toes dont they!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts