Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday afternoon, I took the boys to play like usual. I turned to get their bag of treats out of the car, and looked and Tal was bringing the ball back with a very noticeable limp. I thought at first maybe it was sometrhing he could walk off so I watched him walk a bit and decided it best to come home :( Of course, neither of them liked that idea. I called the vet and he said to watch him overnight, ice the knee and see how he was doing this morning.

Well, this AM we were still limping and we went to see the vet at noon. I knew we would have to come back Monday to get x-rays but Tal was such a good boy...they got some good x-rays and although the Dr. didn't come out and say it, I think he feels with a couple weeks of rest and Rymadil That Tal will be fine. I tak him back for follow up in two weeks and we will see how he is doing then.

Dr. said other than potty and just what walking he would do around the house, no running or anything like that. I am just glad I am on spring break next week so I can take care of them :)

The best part of the whole deal was after we got home a bit ago. Both Tal and Barney gave me this look like thanks for taking such good care of us. :)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
It's nice that you have your spring break right now. That will help both of you feel better! Take it easy now, Tal. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Healing thoughts for Tal!!!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words! I hope the vet is right and with a couple weeks rest and the rimadyl he will be fine. I just hope we don't have to go thru the surgery routine, but if we do, we'll get thru that too! It could be alot worse and I am just glad I got my furkids. I will say that this must be what having the two legged kind of kid is like!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
tell tal to come hang out with me. i'm supposed to be on rest for a fractured elbow and it is hard!! someone needs to crate me. prayers mr. tal gets better very soon!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts