Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A cousin died recently (not anyone I was close to) and his funeral was this past weekend. My grandmother and her sisters, who were close to him, are in Egypt right now so my mom went as their representative, I guess. Anyway, my mom said that during the interludes where they play music, they played his own music with him singing (he was a pianist until diabetes made him blind) and it was really touching. Kind of cool to sing at your own funeral.

Anyway, here comes the tacky part. At the end of the funeral they had a table set up where you could buy his CD! :eek: WTF? I'm not sure who was profiting from this little venture, lol. I guess it would be OK if the proceeds were going to funeral costs...but apparently it wasn't clear. My mom bought one because she felt bad, lol. That's the first I've heard of selling items at a funeral, though.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Well that certainly is....odd!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
[mel brooks, "Spaceballs"]Moichendizing! Moichendizing! Where the REAL money is made!![/mel brooks, "Spaceballs"]

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
ixnay that kinda talk! i got 9 funerals lined up this week and 2000 cases of girl scout cookies.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
selling anything at a funeral??? I can't imagine. Even if they were selling it as a little token memory thingy? Nah, selling something is wrong.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I am going to have tshirts sold at my funeral they will say "I went to Wendy's funeral and all I got was this crappy tshirt!". I think my peeps will enjoy it. It's a steal at $19.95.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I am going to have tshirts sold at my funeral they will say "I went to Wendy's funeral and all I got was this crappy tshirt!". I think my peeps will enjoy it. It's a steal at $19.95.
Can you autograph mine?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Do it the day OF the funeral and you'll be able to charge for a miracle!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is awesome! T-shirt sales at a funeral is a brilliant idea!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Do it the day OF the funeral and you'll be able to charge for a miracle!
Hmmm... must contemplate this idea. Will be difficult since I plan on cremating myself. Must learn to rise from the ashes (ha ha ha) before death. I wonder if there is a "Rising from the dead" for dummies out there I can buy. I love those books! Makes everything so easy!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bwhahahaha, Wendy!

Since they played the music during the funeral, they should have charged admission...think about all those people that go to hear his music for FREE and didn't buy a CD!

He always did enjoy a joke, though. He's probably laughing his ass off about that, wherever he is!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
bwhahahaha, Wendy!

Since they played the music during the funeral, they should have charged admission...QUOTE]

Brilliant! I'm going to have a cover charge and a cash bar.....ladies drink half price and free drinks if they enter the wet T-shirt contest. we'll also validate parking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts