Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up with one eye swelled shut and the whole right side of my face swollen!
That stupid root canal...i am so sorry i ever went back to the dentist lololol...

I called and they made me cancel the periodontist appt today. They said he cant be poking around in there when it is so infected.
And they put me on penicillin 500 mg 3 times a day to clear things up. I go back monday to get the root canal finished and hopefully he can get whatever he left in there OUT!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Aww I feel your pain, I've had two and they are no fun. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Oh no Susan! I hope you feel better soon and the swelling goes away quickly!

I have to warn you though...sometimes when the face gets swollen it has to fall down through the rest of your face before it totally goes away. Hopefully this will not happen to you!! The penicillian should certainly help you get better quickly. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yes the whole side of my face swole up and was bruised a bit. I had a lot of infection in there before they started the procedure due to the previous dentist I went to. I went to have a cavity filled and he drilled to far and killed the nerve in my tooth :mad:. I couldnt feel anything for a while to know that anything was weird until my jaw started swelling. So I had to take antibiotics for a while too. Ice really helped a lot and IB Proufin. I think the worst part was waiting to go back the second time to have it finished. Hang in there it will be over soon.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no Susan! I've had several root canals and never had infection or swelling afterward. *knock on wood*

If the dentist was 1/2way decent, they should have cleared out all the nerves on the first visit. They didn't do that? Also, the dentist can see on the initial Xray if there's infection before they start drilling and should have given you an antibiotic beforehand. :-\

I hope the penicillin clears it up quickly for you.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeffrey: Mom does your face hurt?
Me: yes
Jeffrey: because it's killing me

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Anyone want a teenage boy? Cheap?

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Aw man, I'm so sorry about your infection. Hope you feel some relief soon.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Oh no! Poor you! :( Hope you are feeling better soon. All these creepy dentist stories I hear all the times. I'm getting scared.

WeHeartLabs said:
Jeffrey: Mom does your face hurt?
Me: yes
Jeffrey: because it's killing me

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Anyone want a teenage boy? Cheap?
I'm sorry but that just cracked me up! ;D Oh boy, my day only gets better and better: first the Katie story and now this. Susan do you ever have a dull moment in your house with your kids?? ;D

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NEVER, V.... never , ever. I am enjoying every second of it too because I know in a blink it will be over and they'll be moving out, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts