Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the pool cover off 2 weeks ago to start to treat the water and vacuum, etc. DH also wanted to do some maintenance on the pump.

So it is pouring down rain the other day and I look out to see Aidan taking a swim in the pool

We wondered how he would be in the pool this summer, if he would take to swimming as well as Emma did. Would he need us to show him how to use the steps? would be be afraid of it at first? etc...
Well, no worries there...he managed quite well and had to be bribed to GET OUT and come inside.

Now, we need to work on getting him to not go for a swim everytime he goes out to "go".
Also, he is very courteous and has lovely pool manners ...at one point he got out of the pool, went over and "watered the bush" and jumped back in. Thanks for teaching him to not pee in the pool, Labby. We appreciate it. :p

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
Now, we need to work on getting him to not go for a swim everytime he goes out to "go".
I had this issue with Murray too. He's OBSESSED with water/pools. Teach him a command like "Pool/No Pool" (or swim/no swim). Also, the behavior trainer we met with told me to train Murray that when he has a collar on, he isn't allowed in the pool. Collar on = no pool, collar off = pool. It took us a long time to teach this because as I said before Murray is OBSESSED with water but he is now pretty reliable.

WeHeartLabs said:
Also, he is very courteous and has lovely pool manners ...at one point he got out of the pool, went over and "watered the bush" and jumped back in. Thanks for teaching him to not pee in the pool, Labby. We appreciate it. :p
I think it's a natural instinct. Murray gets out to potty too. I know I didn't teach him that. ;)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
he's a water dog......

good luck trying to keep him otu of the pool... Dakota is obsessed with the pool...we got to the inlaws house and she dives right in.....it it's 50 degrees out or 80...

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Awwww Pork Chop, you have your own pool, you lucky boy!!

The collar idea is great!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I would love to see pics and vid clips of the porkchop swimming in his own pool!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts