Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this in a email today, thought I would pass it on.


THIS IS TRUE & VERIFIED ON SNOPES.COM
Recently someone had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due
to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they
had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were
unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of
some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's
with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.

My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to
the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated
'may be harmful to small child ren and animals.'20He called the company to
ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was
astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients (actually, he
was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze).
Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then
licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.


Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of
liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their
floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a
lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so
they don't lose their animals.

This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a
lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot. < BR>
PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET; PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON! YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN OR PETS BUT SOME OF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY WITH PETS AND ALSO FAMILIES WITH
GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,788 Posts
That email always makes me giggle...

"it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze"

H20 is water.. H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide.. one molecule can make a pretty big difference in chemistry...

Not to detract from your concerns, it is valid to check the safety of any household product :)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top