Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since surgery i've been having such troubles controlling my cravings. it seems if i eat just a tiny amount of little sugar, i want so much more to the point i end up feeling sick to my stomach afterwards.

short of denying myself all indulgences what can i do... i eat a tonne of fruit - i wonder if this is my body missing splenda?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I hear ya! Yesterday I ate the ears and head from a Russell Stover chocolate bunny ... hmmmm, not sure how many points THAT was! LOL!

If I am craving sugar because I am bored, then I try to do something else ... not give in to the craving. If my body truly craves the sugar (not boredom, or other reasons for eating) then I give in ... and exercise it off over the next couple days as best I can. ;D

So ... case in point, I am about to meet with my running group this morning to eliminate the chocolate bunny head. Wish me luck ... ha, ha! ;)

ETA: The real way that I control the sweets is to not even have them in the house ... if they are here, I will eat them. :-\

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
100 calorie snack packs and Fiber 1 bars take the edge off for me now. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100 cal packs are no good. i just eat two.

plus, i crave ice cream and donuts.

but i'll eat the donut. it makes me feel sick so i figure, why not have another since i already feel sick.. then i say well the ice cream might as well be eaten too because well i'm already feeling like crap...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we went to a brunch today... so yup i'm sitting here hyperglycemic. stupid me.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I love sweets, especially chocolate, and let's be honest here - an apple or banana is a pitiful substitute when you want something sweet, right? So here's my solution. I buy a bar of the 65-70% dark chocolate and eat one of the one-inch squares (or, in the case of the Hershey's you buy in the box, one square) v e r y s l o w l y. Now eating only one square may seem an impossible task, but the stuff's so rich that you couldn't really eat two without getting sick. They're only one WW point AND dark chocolate is good for your heart!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dani said:
100 calorie snack packs and Fiber 1 bars take the edge off for me now. :)
I was going to suggest the same thing. I love the Oreo 100 calorie packs and the Fiber One peanut butter bars are really, REALLY tasty!

The other product I buy is Minute Maid frozen lemonade bars. They are 70 calories I believe.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
I can't wait to look for the Fiber 1 bars; I do like the cereal. I made a huge bowl of ff chocolate pudding and "pink stuff" (basically cool whip and jello with cottage cheese). I'm going to try the dark chocolate routine, too. That is my favorite...I'll have to get SU to hide them from me and give me 2 a day!! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts