Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have an SUV what kind do you have?
Or what kind would you like to have? I'm looking at SUVs and Im having a hard time deciding on one.
Any input would help. TIA!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Right now I have a Hyundai Tucson, it's small and I love it. My husband and I are pretty close to wanting a new car and we are thinking about checking out a GMC Yukon, much bigger than the Tucson.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
My mom drives a Chevy Trailblazer and I love it!!!! I keep trying to get her to trade cars with me but it's not working very well (lol).

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
There are a lot of them out there. I'm on my 2nd Tahoe and absolutely have loved them both. I have looked at the new ones and was very disappointed to see that the back seats do not fold to create a solid back. There is space between the front seats and the back where it lays down. I'd be worried the dogs would slip into the spaces where it didn't close unless I had something I could put down to make sure that couldn't happen. Other than that I still love it. However, gas mileage is another factor. I get about 10-12mpg in town (I only drive 2 miles to work) and about 22 on the highway pretty consistently.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I had 2 Toyota 4Runners which I absolutely LOVED!! Now I drive a Jeep Wrangler Unltd which I also love, but it's not a smooth ride.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AbbyandMolly said:
My mom drives a Chevy Trailblazer and I love it!!!! I keep trying to get her to trade cars with me but it's not working very well (lol).
I looked at the 07 trailblazer I love them.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox, it is the smallest of the Chevrolet SUVs!!!

I love it and it has lots of space, actually more than it looks like it does.

Susan and I went to the Trenton Kennel Club Dog Show last weekend. We had: the two of us, Susan's son Jeffery, her daugther Katie, Aidan (aka Pork Chop) and my Lexi in it and we were quite comfortable.

Also, it gets pretty decent mileage as well.

On the other hand, my father drives a GMC Yukon and that thing is a monster as well as a real gas hog.

My baby sister drives a GMC Envoy, which is real nice too.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
The Nissan Xterra is worth a look. I'm partial to the Toyota FJ cruiser or the Nissan Xterra. It really depends on what you want to do with it. Every 4WD I ever owned I took off road. I'm scared to shell out the big bucks for something that I might accidently abuse ;D. If you are looking for an around town SUV, you could skip a lot of the off road features.

I've been known to take sedans where they don't belong! Ground clearance is a state of mind.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Any excuse to post this...

2002 Nissan Xterra

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
kelli said:

2002 Nissan Xterra
I posted just for you! ;)

Small hijack. Kel, do you take the Nissan off road much? I don't necessarily mean blazing a trail through a rainforest, but places more brutal than most?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
We have a Saturn Vue - we LOVE it! Great car, decent mileage, phenonmenal service staff (for the first two years they would call to 'check in' on how we liked our truck:)

When this one is too old (its a 2002) we will get another for sure.

B

·
0 Posts
99 Tahoe. Love it, agree on the gas hog but it's so worth it when I see people in smaller vehicles getting smashed in traffic accidents and I know I'm a bit safer (I got hit by a car crossing four lanes of traffic and drove away, he did not). It's also worth the 4 wheel drive in the snow and being able to move my entire house except the mattresses without having to rent a Uhaul or trailer. ;D

I'm going to get an 03 so it's ethanol compatible. I'll feel a bit better about gas consumption when its a more renewable energy source and less Middle Eastern oil.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
labs4life said:
kelli said:

2002 Nissan Xterra
I posted just for you! ;)

Small hijack. Kel, do you take the Nissan off road much? I don't necessarily mean blazing a trail through a rainforest, but places more brutal than most?
As much as i can.. i stay away from the rocks, but i do like the mud in the spring and the snow in the winter.. the fact that the Xterra has REAL 4x4 (not awd) is one of the reasons i picked it.. not to mention it's probably the nicest looking SUV out there with the best ground clearance.

The picture of me standing with it was my first off-road trip with it through the bush, and up some hills.. so much fun.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thirded for the X-Terra. It is large enough to fit almost anything you need in it, small enough not to be a huge gas pig, smooth enough to be a nice ride (plus it is fully kitted), but rugged enough you can take it off roading and it can handle it.

Ken

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I have a Ford Expedition XL and I love it. The XL is for extra long, it's longer than a regular expedition, but they don't make the Excursion anymore, which was longer. I really like it. It rides great, has lots of leg room for my tall boys, has lots of room in back for the dogs and our junk, has a tv which is a must because poor Trent spends a lot of time in the car schlepping his brothers around and waiting for his brothers. It has four wheel drive for our great winters. I really like it.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
kelli said:
As much as i can.. i stay away from the rocks, but i do like the mud in the spring and the snow in the winter.. the fact that the Xterra has REAL 4x4 (not awd) is one of the reasons i picked it.. not to mention it's probably the nicest looking SUV out there with the best ground clearance.

The picture of me standing with it was my first off-road trip with it through the bush, and up some hills.. so much fun.
Good to know. I can get a leftover 2006 reasonably priced. Lor and I would like to get camping back into some areas serviced by ancient logging roads. I like to get real info from people who actually take there SUV's somewhere besides the mall. ;D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I have a mercedes suv...which I adore. My husband has a tahoe and a surburban...which have both served him well. You're in for a tough decision!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts