Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
That is one of my favorite songs. It will be interesting to watch the hit counter. She was at 94,000 when I viewed it.

Thank you for posting the link.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Nice to see Simon Cowell eat humble pie. :D She deserves to win on that point alone. :D

Great performance. My money's on her winning it.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Thanks very much for the link, I saw in the paper that she'd won but wanted to hear what she sang. What a tremendous voice!! Number of Views was nearly 182,500 a few minutes ago and then, when I checked a minute or so later, it was in the 200,000's.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I didn't think that she was as good as her audition. There was a young guy on tonight who got through to the final too and I think he could give her a run for her money- Shaun Smith

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I really think she was lucky to go through this time, she is off key an awful lot and is nowhere near as good as last time. They reckon Cowell has so much invested in her that he didn't say a bad word last night.

Scalli you're right, that 17 year old lad on tonight's show was superb, as were the dancers who went through.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Here I go throwing cold water, but . . . I guess I just don't get her appeal. What is it that is so amazing that there are homely folks out there who have reasonably good voices? Have people never seen an opera? :D

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I think she did fairly well. She missed a few notes, but considering her newness to all of this and lack of coaching and training, I think she held her own.

I have to agree with Sarah about the brows.

and LOL at Nathan!

Both of those dance groups are very, very good! I can't wit to see who wins this!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Here I go throwing cold water, but . . . I guess I just don't get her appeal. What is it that is so amazing that there are homely folks out there who have reasonably good voices? Have people never seen an opera? :D
I know!!! People act like it was the first person on the face of the planet that was homely that could sing. If you think that Simon and those other two didn't know she couldn't sing than i have a bridge to sell you. They are clever at marketing certain people and that was well played. Look at the popularity now.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I think the buzz around her is really more about the angle they played with her to start and how wrong they really were. If anyone's watched "America's got talent" they really set up the "bad" acts in the same way they did hers. Usually they're right on. :D

I agree that she's not *that* good (the first "memory" note - OMG!) and I don't know if she'll be able to ride the "15 minutes" all the way through or not.

It kind of makes me sad that she doesn't seem to understand how fickle fame can be. I remember one interview when she was asked about the greatest part of her experience so far and she said, "I won't be lonely anymore." :(

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
She is good, but not good enough to justify all the hype. I think she will win based on the publicity alone which isn't fair IMO. I would much prefer one of the dance groups (Flawless or Diversity) to win. The show is about entertainment and they are entertaining and great role models. Whoever of the two who performs better on the night will be getting my votes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts