Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jerkapinos need protein, so they invade a local termite nest and begin munching away, and we Dwecks wonder whether they're either breaking some Brazilian conservation law or incurring the wrath of some mean-ass S.A. juju in blithely kicking the crap out of a termite mound and scarfing up the goodies inside.

At the Tintinitis camp, Sierra decides that it is indeed time to get the hidden idol out of its sandy burial spot, but she doesn't have the brainpower to find it on her own, so she enlists who she sees as the least threatening of her all-against-me teammates, Brendan, and gets him to help. And this is a decision of monumental stupidity: What, is she going to 'share' this thing? Or expect that if he finds it, he'll turn it over to her easily? I almost hope he DOES find it (because he does seem to know, thank God, what a pace is), giving us the opportunity to watch him snag it and run off down the beach: finders keepers and all that...

But no, Brendan isn't much brigher than Sandy was last week, for he can't seem to figure out that the Survivor production staff doesn't bury idols 295 feet under ground. Which is approximately the depth he's dug on the beach.

Debby wanders by, curious where this pair has gone missing to for so long, and Sierra quick-thinks up a spectacular lie: The giant hole is a firepit for a Girl-Scout Singalong-style hootin time on the beach that night.

I'll bring the s'mores.

Debby the genius buys this, even crowing about it back at the camp. Despite the hole looking like it could hold the Chicago fire.

One of her teammates, though (and I can't recall who) grouches back that she's not interested in a bonfire on the beach, that she'd rather sit at the camp and talk. So the Tintinitis tribe has clearly bonded closely. <<eyeroll>>

Over at the Jerkapino tribe, Taj is displaying her own style of Suvivor geniusism, crowing that her husband is former Tennessee Titan/Dallas Cowboy (and Heisman Trophy winner) Eddie George. This gets a crickets-chirping response from Noo Yawker Stephen, who has nonetheless bonded closely with one of the good-ol-boyz (either Joe or JT, I can't remember). Bad move, blabber-Tajjer-mouth. Nothing like setting yourself up as someone who doesn't really need the mil.

The reward/immunity challenge is entertainingly violent: Teams must basically sink three baskets in 3:3 combinations in the shallow water of the riverside. And there are no rules whatsoever. Oh, and it's teeming rain.

The Tintinitis tribe leaps ahead (and for the umpteenth time this episode, it is blatantly clear how stacked Candace is), but the Jerkapinos come from behind and win. The prizes are the always-important immunity and some fishing gear.

As usual, a Tintinitis person is going to Exile "island" <<wink-wink, as again, it's a spot, not an island, but I guess Burnett doesn't like the sound of sending contestants to Exile Spot>> but there's a twist: He/she gets to take a member of the winning tribe as well.

Brendan is sent. He chooses Taj. He gets a clue to the idol. She wheedles it out of him. They also agree to cooperate. But it's all for naught when it becomes clear that the idol is hidden back at camp.

<<Point of clarity here: Does that mean there are FOUR idols hanging around? One each on the beach at the camps and now this one floating around at each camp as well?? OR is the idol that's being directed by Exile clues the same one as the beachies??>>

The Tintinitises are grappling with who to oust. Sierra continues being an early fave, especially by mega-ego Ace-wannabee Coach. But when Candace uses her brain power to intimate that Coach is a) annoying, b) threatening, c) ineffectual at challenges thus far and d) a good candidate for early boot, her tribe turns on her (mostly because of his ability to put a HUGE target on her back, plus their utter reluctance to think for themselves).

At TC, she's snuffed.

Coach smirks.

And I begin to hate him all the more........

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I kinda liked Candace.

Just read this:

Ben Wade, the "renaissance man and adventurer" known as "Coach," has been dismissed from his job as head women's soccer coach at Southwest Baptist University less than a week after his debut on "Survivor Tocantins." The school's athletic director, Brent Good, says Wade was fired because he didn't tell the school he was going on TV. "He said he was going to be gone for a week," says Good. "And the week went beyond that, which went beyond that, which went beyond that." For his part, Wade says he now plans to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. "I'm going to be the next big thing on the big screen," he says.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Why would you ever tell people that you're already a gazillionaire? Ever? Sure, they thought it was pretty cool Taj was married to Eddie George but why share that for no apparent reason?

And the other rocket scientist, Sierra. She had never even bothered to look for the idol by herself and yet she assumes that she can't find it without help and opens her big mouth? Why?

Brendan can't even figure out that the idol is back at camp without Taj explaining it to him.

The winner is clearly going to be somebody who isn't even being featured that closely right now. I can't believe that any of these people, except maybe farmboy, will have enough brains to make it all the way to the end with the lack of basic smarts they have shown so far.

Finally, if you're going to invest in a nice set of aftemarket boobs, at least buy yourself a one-piece bathing suit for the show so you don't try to get through every challenge with one hand while the other tries to guard the girls.

Very frustrating episode.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I"I'm going to be the next big thing on the big screen," he says.
Bahahahahahahah!!!

The winner is clearly going to be somebody who isn't even being featured that closely right now.
Jerry. Just sayin' :)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Coach's website lists his continued interest in music as he is the conductor of the Susanville, CA symphony orchestra. Susanville is a podunk little town in northern California that's very nice but it's in the absolute middle of nowhere and it has whopping13,000 people. And apparently a symphony orchestra???

I've been there several times on my way to somewhere else, and its cultural center is the local Circle K.

Check out Coachbenwade.com for possible the most pretentious website ever.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snerk

“I have always asked the musicians to think not just of the notes, but the music as well. We want to do so much more than just play the notes, we want to make people weep, smile, laugh, and ponder what we play. We seek that beauty not just in an entire composition, but in the individual bars and notes themselves.”

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Charla, you and I are on the exact same wavelength.

I said to Steve last night as we were watching 'I wonder who is running the Steven Segal fanclub while Coach is on Survivor.'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts