Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How smart is Stephen at this game?

Very smart.

So smart, in fact, that he can take Coach's Warrior Alliance, slash it to ribbons by killing Debbie, and instead of making Coach furious that he's been 2x crossed, actually have the konfused konductor come out the other end GRATEFUL that he and JT have SAVED him.

It is freakin' brilliant. Stephen certainly has his arms around the 'outwit' part of this game.

Of course, in Coach's instance, it ain't exactly hard. No sweat to outwit a nitwit.

Anyway, Stephen and JT tell coach that Debbie was gunning for him and, in his best interest (snerk), they ditched her. And Coach buys this ego-stroking malarkey lock/stock/barrel. And actually thanks them for it.

BWAH!

Reward challenge is a really poorly designed maze which looks awesome-cool from the helicopter shots (it's a giant SURVIVOR word spelled out) but in the execution, is easy as pie. JT figures it out instantaneously, and all that's required for the rest of them is a session of follow-the-leader. JT wins.

It's a feast at the governor's mansion. He takes Stephen.

And in the name of fairness -- because everyone else has already been there (well, except JT himself, but he's just won) -- they send Coach to Exile. Despite his simpering earlier that his asthma and his back would make a session on Exile a killer. I guess all that training from being shot at by Mayan natives with blowdarts has fallen by the wayside.

JT takes Stephen with him on the reward.

But before Coach can depart, Erinn decides to add insult to injury and basically call out Mr Ego on how whiney he'll be before/after this exodus. And in reality, she's right. But JT and Stephen are appalled at the rancor. I took it as Erinn having had her fill of Coach and venting, but they're really ticked off at the outburst.

Anyway, Coach departs, but not before telling everyone that, in his awesome awesomeness, he'll attack Exile like nobody has before: eschewing food, fire, comfort, and water and addressing it as a cleansing exercise that will prep him to win the next immunity and, ultimately, the million itself.

Moron.

Stephen and JT go feasting. They have a funny reaction to finally seeing themselves in a mirror after 30-whatever days.

Taj and Erinn chat back at camp. All is calm. Taj cannot wait to go Coach-less.

Coach goes all Zen at Exile, leading to numerous shots of him barechested and arms outstretched as a helicopter shoots him in his 360o glory. And he blathers on and on. He even creates a "Dragon staff" and, whatever, dude.

Immunity is an endurance test where the Survivors must hold themselves aloft using just their feet and a series of shrinking foot-pegs. Coach is wiped out from his very arrival, but vows that he is invincible.

Erinn/Stephen/Taj all drop out, leaving Coach/JT. Coach begins to suffer after 50 minutes. JT looks like he could stand there all day. Finally succumbing to a combined hit of asthma, back pain, and ego failure, Coach drops. He refuses Medical, saying that he will NOT have someone else make the decision for him to leave.

Uhhhhhh... Yeah.

Taj watches all this with crossed eyes. Erinn with rolled eyes.

Back at camp, there is some talk that Erinn's outbreak has caused her to address the game 'dishonorably,' a mortal sin in Coachworld, and that she must be snipped.

But its all window-dressing. At TC, where Coach's full insanity becomes blatant to all through a nonsense poem he intones, Coach is snuffed.

It's been an honor playing with you and----

OKfine. The loser's lodge is thataway pal.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Anyway, Stephen and JT tell coach that Debbie was gunning for him and, in his best interest (snerk), they ditched her. And Coach buys this ego-stroking malarkey lock/stock/barrel. And actually thanks them for it.
How the two of them didn't burst out laughing is beyond me.

Oh and how about the snooze fest on the jury when Coach was doing his poem. I literally did LOL.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
LOL! I was sooo happy that Coach was snuffed. I thought Taj would have given Erin the idol just to ensure that he would go home. Coach drove me crazy. Can you imagine being married to him? He reminds me of a guy I worked with that drove everyone crazy. Thank God he is gone too.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Oh and how about the snooze fest on the jury when Coach was doing his poem. I literally did LOL.

I was cracking up at the faces Sierra and Brendan were making. They were so thrilled that he was done (Brendan and Sierra) but I think they forgot that they will now have to deal with him at the Ponderosa.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No more ego-stroking monologues - at least until the jury asks their questions. I totally agree with Erinn - he didn't want medical to look at his back because there is nothing wrong with him that isn't in his mind.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally agree with Erinn - he didn't want medical to look at his back because there is nothing wrong with him that isn't in his mind.
+100,000

Such a phreaky phony.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I laugh hard throughout the episode...coach really made himself into a freaking moron.

The back excuse really bothered me, as someone that suffers from back pain I was irratated how he keep saying it was a back spasm that made him loose then he was walking around fine...okay I have had back spasms and there is nothing one can do but lay straight on the floor sometimes with legs up...you just can't move.

Glad to see the weirdo gone.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
While Erin probably never really had a chance at the million, I'd like to personally send her $100 for saying what the faceless/nameless public has been screaming at their tv's for weeks.

I think the only real question in this game is at what point Steven is going to decide he doesn't want to finish second to JT and works with the women to take him out. I think JT will virtually sweep the jury vote if he gets there and they all must know it at this point.

The point where Coach speaks to the camera saying what great guys they are for saving him from Debbie was one of the best scenes ever.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In heading into the final episode, here's where I am: I'd actually be fine with any one of 'em winning. They all deserve it.

I knew Coach Wade had finally crossed completely into looney-toones land when Coach Wade began referring to himself, Coach Wade, in the third-person, as Coach Wade.....

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I knew Coach Wade had finally crossed completely into looney-toones land when Coach Wade began referring to himself, Coach Wade, in the third-person, as Coach Wade.....
LOL...I almost forgot. also remember the family ep were he brought in his assistant coach.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Great episode and recap.

Did anyone else notice that at the end of the preview for the finale, Jeff said there will be 3 tribal councils? That would mean that they're going back to a final 2 instead of final 3. Interesting...

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I'm so glad that Coach is finally gone. I don't know how they put up with him for so long, I would have snapped long ago. DH is convinced that Coach's dragon-slayer/warrior persona is his strategy. He thinks that at the finale Coach will be a normal person and admit that he was just in "character". His reasoning is that the players must have to under go some mental health eval prior to the show, and no one would have put a guy that crazy out there. Personally, I think Coach is just nuts.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
His reasoning is that the players must have to under go some mental health eval prior to the show,.
He's got a short memory. From seasons past: Remember Randy? Shane? Sandy? Colby? Rupert?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts