Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're bouncing along in a truck with Jeff standing amid 16 newbies in Brazil. He intones his usual blah-de-blah about these 'normal' (koff) Americans who have left hearth and home to travel to this beautiful but harsh part of the globe, Tonkatruckasheen. They're already divided into two teams: Jerkapinos and Tintinitis.

The truck screeches to a halt (and how I longed to see Jeff tumble out) and the passengers disembark. Jeff gives them 60 seconds to pilfer from the truck (and each other) as many supplies as they can. A melee breaks out as the truck is pillaged, and in the outcome, we get Smart Tribe that has had the forethought to get all the water and most of the food and DUMB TRIBE that didn't.

Wah-wah-wah.

Burnette then plays the first surprise card of S18: Vote for someone. Now.

The Survivors don't even know each other's names at this point, so they're scribbing on paper wonderful descriptives as "Gramma," "Young chick with blond hair," "Nerdy guy w/glasses," "Bimbo with silicon boobs," etc.

Gramma and Young Chick are targeted first and pulled aside, Gram because of her age and YC because she looks frail and is withering in the heat. Turns out she's fighting strep throat. We learn, btw, that Gramma -- who is PISSED from the start -- is Sandy and YC is Sierra.

Miffed at being sent home, Sandy/Sierra try to lick their wounds, but Burnett plays surprise card 2: All Jeff said is that they wouldn't be participating. As in forced to do the 4hr march to camp. Instead, they'll be choppered to their new home.

The Survivors begin walking and the outcasts take off.

At camp, both Sandy and Sienna are presented w/a choice: Either start building shelter etc. and try to claw their way back into the good graces of their fellow contestants, or spend the time looking for a hidden idol.

Sienna chooses to build. Sandy chooses to look. And look. And look.

So she really wastes BOTH opportunities: She neither builds camp NOR finds the idol, a reality that is not lost on Carolina, who calls her out early on it.

Sienna has done a good job, but "COACH" -- would-be alpha male a-hole from Tintinitis who is approaching this game from a philosophical mind-bend point of view that will get to be annoying in, oh, about 2 days -- still I.D.s her as weak and expendable.

The Reward/Immunity challenge is a race to build a staircase, followed by a cool maze etc. The Tintinitis folks are behind, but they eventually catch -- and pass -- the Jerkapinos, who have oh-so-wisely put SANDY as one of the puzzle-solvers. See Smart-Tribe/Dumb-Tribe dichotomy reference above.

Now that the Jerkapinos need to send someone packing for real, Sandy redoubles her efforts to find the idol... and falls short when she cannot find a palm tree, nor does she seem to know the meaning of the word pace.

In the meantime, however, Carolina (nothing could be finah) is shooting her mouth off everywhichwhere, and the tribe is tiring of her already.

So after all the initial conversation and torch-into-fire dipping etc. they send home Carolina. But clearly, Sandy's on borrowed time. At TC, even JEFF thinks she's an oddball, an opinion with which we dwecks agree, expressing the notion that in the firelight at TC and given her wild eyes and grackkly hair, she looks like the apple-bearing witch from Snow White.

Still figuring out who's who, but early on, I like Joe, the 19 y.o. college kid. And Jerry, the military man just back from Afghanistan or Pakistan or Camden NJ or wherever it was......

·
Registered
692 Posts
yeah, definitely like Jerry.

Was that naked dude for real when he said he would buy jewels and furs and a tiara when he wins? Don't like him at this point.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Sandy is just dumb. How do you not know what 10 paces is? I like Jerry too. Smart of him to keep his military background a secret for now. This should be an interesting one. Not very smart of Sandy having her back to water when she doesn't know what's in there in SA. :no:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bbbmom said:
yeah, definitely like Jerry.

Was that naked dude for real when he said he would buy jewels and furs and a tiara when he wins? Don't like him at this point.
I forgot about him. Maybe on purpose.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Sandy first missed the BIGASS STICK THAT WAS STICKING STRAIGHT UP UNNATURALLY FROM THE SAND.........then apparently doesn't know what a palm tree is because she was digging under some scrub brush there at the end. Not to mention not knowing what a pace is. Omg...how can you live that long and be that stupid? I didn't have anything against her (felt sorry for her in fact) until her maniacal stupidity started showing.

Oh and she said "writ".....as in the past tense form of "write". *twitch*

I like sick girl and young guy so far. I thought I liked naked guy right up until the furs and jewels. Maybe he was just joking....which would be funny. And maybe not.

Jury is still out on farm boy. He seems strong and smart but he might be an ass.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Ok, while Sandy is clearly dumb as that stick she couldn't find, she also kicked ass in the challenge. She took charge and built that stairway in nothing flat. At this point, when you don't want to lose 7 challenges in a row, that has to be taken into consideration.

She is, however, scary stupid. How can an adult woman not know how far a pace is? Great editing to make her look even stupider when she was wandering around looking for the lone palm tree and the camera is focused on it right in front of her.

Coach is Ace Part II. He will think he's running the game for several shows and then all of a sudden be gone without any idea it was coming.

Currently rooting for farm boy.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We roared laughter at her 'attempt' at a pace. Like it was a baby-step or something. I don't think 10 of them carried her even 10 inches forward.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree with all of you in regards to Sandy. She started out cool, but once she found the second clue........I couldn't help but think........You know, you can't fix stupid. I like Jerry and the cowboy guy. There isn't a woman there I want to see go to the end. It'll be an interesting season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts