Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CANNOT WAIT until one of these Survivor dimbulbs digs up Yao's Fauxdol, presents it to Jeff to save their skin, and has him give that Probst look of distain and ask, "What the eff is that?" Oh, PLEEEEZE, somehow let it be Lisi. Please. please. please!!!

Yao, btw, should officially win the mil a) for being just so damned cute and b) for being really eeeeeevil with these whippersnappers. Anyone who wrote him off early on is going to be in for a Yao-smackdown!!

We open with life not much changed for our mixed-up tribes. Dodo is fairly quiet -- without Anthony to boss around 24/7, Rocky is rather like a flint without kindling. Which doesn't mean he doesn't spark at his other teammates, but without Anthony to really get him going, it's all just words in the wind. But there are a LOT of them!!!

Over at Ragu, Earl and Yao conspire to get him the idol, with the notion that Yao will share with Earl if need be. I hope these two go far.

CHALLENGE! Teammates must play flaming jai alai. COOL! The Dodos leap out ahead early, and Mookie makes a slapworthy face at Yao, convinced that he'll suck. And Yao shows him up, scoring a point for Dodo! But in a shocking shock, Ragu wins reward. The all boys club (and I'll throw Lisi in there too, because I'm convinced she pees standing up) goes off to an arcade (!!) for an afternoon of belching, farting, bowling, and pukeing. Rocky continues to grate, berating the 'lightweights' who can't take the sudden influx of calories and alcohol.

Earl is sent to EI. It's meaningless at this point, as Yao has the idol and Earl has learned to be rather comfy in his nest. He renames EI as EARL ISLAND and includes some beach artwork to stake the claim. Huge difference, isn't it? how Earl and Lisi both reacted to EI.

Lisi - THIS SUCKS!!
Earl - Let's draw!

Upon his return, Yao tells Earl that he's found the idol. It's a little turtle that he kisses after jumping (literally!) for joy (he looks like a Price is Right contestant!). He's also a clever little fox - He paints a half-a coconut shell with a smiley face, puts II on the back (in case a genius like Lisi still can't figure it out), rewraps everything in the original packaging, and replants it. Bwahahahahahahah!

Immunity! The teams are blindfolded and must be directed to smack some hanging skulls, collect puzzle pieces, and complete a phrase. Dodo is just so awesome -- Michelle takes a dive off the platform accidently, and just giggles and climbs up again. Ragu has Lisi screaming at them, and finally, Alex can't take it any more and replaces her. Boo, OTOH, replaces Michelle -- and then can't see from the sunglare on the platform!!

Dodo wins, continuing its streak of awesomeness.

Ragu struggles with who to send home. And decides to bring a close to the Mouth that Roared. Rocky is blindsided and sent packing. I wonder how long and loud Anthony will laugh when seeing Rocky show up at the Loserville Hotel??

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Happy, happy, joy, joy that Rocky is gone.......

And what a clever little man Yao is......he's become my favorite...I would love to see him win. Don't think it's going to happen, but I can hope....

Frances

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Totally rooting for Yao at this point. They keep saying what a weak player he is physically but he got a point tonight and he beat the girl when he had to do the mud wrestling thing. I worry that he trusts Earl too much. I like Earl but his plan reaches far beyond an alliance with Yao and poor Yao actually thinks they're friends.

I'm convinced that some players could see during the challenge. Several players ran way too straight a line and then handed off the stick directly to the next player without any direction.

Truly enjoyed Rocky going home although it would have been much better last week when it would have been even more of a shock.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Golfgirlrobin said:
I'm convinced that some players could see during the challenge. Several players ran way too straight a line and then handed off the stick directly to the next player without any direction.
I wondered the same thing -- how tight were those blindfold?? Because you're right; several of the competitors seemed to hone in exactly where they needed to be. Although they were tight enough for Boo to take a fence shot right in the family jewels... and again... and again...

And then there was Mookie, who didn't know his left from his right. No, Mook. Your OTHER left!!!!

Blindfold challenges = comedy gold!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've liked Yao since the beginning. The trick he pulled with the I.I. was a hoot!!! I can't wait to see if it tries to get played.

The challenges were kinda hoki this week. Not much entertainment, except for watching them slam into the fence! Now that was some funny stuff right there.

I was not sorry to see Rocky get the boot last night. He is annoying. He ruined the whole reward for everyone. I would have faked puking in the bathroom just to get away from him.

Thanks for the recap dweck!!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I just finished watching. I think I watched and rewatched Michelle falling off that platform over and over again...is that wrong? But I hate YaoMan. I hope he goes and goes quick. Havent liked him at all this season. I was afraid of what he was doing to the turtle. He just bothers me. Woohoo Rocky is gone. Go Alex.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
dweck said:
Yao, btw, should officially win the mil a) for being just so damned cute and b) for being really eeeeeevil with these whippersnappers. Anyone who wrote him off early on is going to be in for a Yao-smackdown!!

(and I'll throw Lisi in there too, because I'm convinced she pees standing up)
Dan We think alike!

Great recap as always!

When Rocky got the boot I yelled so loud I woke up my son...he came running in and said "what Mom? Is Rocky gone?"

·
Registered
313 Posts
The only reason for me to watch Survivor is to cuddle with my kids and eat popcorn. This season is boring all of us!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts