Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl mourns the loss of his ally Michelle, as do we all because she was just cuteness defined.

Mookie is on the hotseat for having tipped the hand of the Four Horseman regarding the Immunity Turtle. Tons of conjecture on the other side about who they believe has one as well, and the concensus is Earl (Yao is going to win this based on being consistently underestimated by every other player on the island EXCEPTfor Earl!). Mookie is playing his turtle very close to the vest, a development that worries Alex because he was interested in a strategy of share-n-share alike. Mook's not sure, however, that he's so willing to pass around the freedom.

Anyway, the Foola-Foolas go off for their reward challenge, which is basically the ol' Let Everyone Know How Much You Dislike Them Quiz. The players answer questions in private and then come back together to answer in public. The most popular (or UNpopular) answer is deemed the winner.

Winners can crack some ceramic tile towers of whomever they choose, and once you've been wacked three times, you're out.

Not a lot of new information comes out here. Everyone hates Stacey. Everyone recognizes that Alex thinks he's in the catbird seat, but that he's really not. Everyone thinks that Dre smells.

Cassandra pulls a perfect game and wins. She's allowed to take three other people with her, and Godloveher, she makes an EXCELLENT choice in bringing Yao, Dre, and Boo. Earl is left to watch over Alex, and FINALLY, someone has learned the proper way to handle a reward challenge. It only took 14 seasons for the message to sink in: DO NOT TAKE YOUR FRIENDS/ALLIANCE PARTNERS!!!!!!!!

They go off to a night party on a yacht, complete with champagne and hamburgers. Cassandra and Yao try to cement Dre, but that's rather like trying to hot glue gun a feather in a tornado. Mookie is sent to Exile, which he's not happy about. He vows to crack the other alliance.

Immunity time!! It's a killer - The Survivors must hold themselves up in what looks like a phone booth, using a progression of successively smaller footpegs to bear all their weight. This challenge favors the small with small feet (Michelle would have ROCKED it!), and the big boys (Earl, Boo, Cassandra) are out rather quickly.

After a bunch of fade-out shots showing the Foolas dropping like flies over time, Yao walks off with it. He looks like he could've stood there all day. So he gets the first wear of the necklace, which looks like a shark's mouth, full of teeth, ready to bite the winner's head off.

And the scrambling begins!!! Both alliances scurry and count and target and plot. Vote Stacey. Vote Earl. Vote Alex. Vote Dre. Vote the cameraman. Vote Probst. Vote the 35the coconut from the left. Alex asks for the Turtle from Mook -- he gives it to his fellow Horseman, but Dre sees the transaction and blabs to Earl and company. They then want to vote Mook, but considering they're not 100% trusting of Dre either, they listen to Stacey (!), who comes up with the brilliant idea to make Mookie AND Alex non-issues by snuffing Edgardo.

At TC, both alliance are all smiles, as they're both sure they've got the upper hand. Votes are cast. Alex then rises and dramatically plays his turtle (that just sounds wrong!). Jeff reads the votes ---- and the Horsemen grins turn slowly to horror as they realize they've been sold up the river. Wah-wah-waaaaaaaah. Dreamz' turncoatness has rendered the Turtle moot, and Edgardo goes home.

An excellent episode. This season started slowly, but holy crumb. Last night's was a roller coaster of good Survivor-play!!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Heh....that was the best episode of the season so far! I can't wait to see what happens to Dreamz next week. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
[quoteCassandra and Yao try to cement Dre, but that's rather like trying to hot glue gun a feather in a tornado. ][/quote]
LOL!! That killed me. I loved this episode. I just didn't like that they are going to hide the idol again. My only hope is that Yao finds this one too. I love that they had to waste it. Go Yao! Your are the sleeper!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they hide it again, my fervent hope is that someone finds Yao's Fauxdol and tries to play that. I SO want to see Probst smack one of these people down...

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
dweck said:
When they hide it again, my fervent hope is that someone finds Yao's Fauxdol and tries to play that. I SO want to see Probst smack one of these people down...
Oh me too!!! Which camp did he hide it on? The one they are at now?

All around a refreshingly good episode. All moves were smart, and smarter than the one before.

Also refreshing? Having Stacey take the brunt of the "none of us like her" at the reward challenge and not spend the next 30 minutes whining about it. She may have done that (and deserved the calling out of her dislikeability), but we didn't see it. I so hate the whiny ones! Instead, we saw her come up wth the winning strategy for the night.

Go Yao!!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Why does everyone hate Stacy so much? I'm sure it's warranted if everyone is in agreement on it, but I don't think we, the viewing audience, have been able to see what they dislike about her.
They haven't really shown us much, have they? Maybe I've missed something. I remember she and Lici being bitchy back at the old Moto tribe, but is there more than that?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Great episode. Loved watching all the positioning and the looks on the faces of the Horseman were priceless. Stacey was brilliant.

Two questions:

1. Why don't people like Boo? Is it just because he really isn't in either alliance? I thought it was weird when he got voted the least likely person you'd invite over for dinner. I can't see where he's offended anybody and yet nobody likes him.

2. Why did Dreamz vote for Mookie after the great plan to vote off Edgardo? Is he just stupid? Was there any rational reason for that or just another flaky Dreamz move?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
2. Why did Dreamz vote for Mookie after the great plan to vote off Edgardo? Is he just stupid? Was there any rational reason for that or just another flaky Dreamz move?
The 5 didn't tell Dreamz about the switch from Mookie to Edgardo. They made the decision after he left. They got worried that they were playing them with the Mookie/Alex idol switch so they decided to play it completely safe and leave Dreamz out of it.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Melissa said:
Golfgirlrobin said:
The 5 didn't tell Dreamz about the switch from Mookie to Edgardo. They made the decision after he left. They got worried that they were playing them with the Mookie/Alex idol switch so they decided to play it completely safe and leave Dreamz out of it.
That makes perfect sense but I was pretty sure that he was there for that discussion. If he hadn't been there then why did he sit at tribal grinning like a jackass when Edgardo's name kept being read? He should have been pissed that another group doesn't trust him but he wasn't. I wish I'd Tivo'd it.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stacey still bears the crown of ***** for the Great Coffee Press Snobbery Look of Distain aimed at Dreamz. She and Lisi gave it to him tag-team style, and he's been gunning for her ever since.

Gotta hand it to her though. Instead of just dropping into woe-is-me-ism, she got off her beehind and came up with a nice plan.

Dreamz did NOT know about the swap to Edgardo. Earl doesn't trust him -- a wise move, when you think about it. Dreamz is like a 5 year old schoolgirl who hides in the bushes, sees her big brother kissing a girl, and runs off to mommy to tell her about it......

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Why don't people like Boo? Is it just because he really isn't in either alliance? I thought it was weird when he got voted the least likely person you'd invite over for dinner. I can't see where he's offended anybody and yet nobody likes him.
I wondered about that too!

I really think they did a poor job of letting us get to know the original Moto tribe earlier in the game. All of the focus was on the other starving tribe....Ravu? I can't remember what it was called.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The smug looks on Mookie, Alex, and Edguardo's face fell really quick after the fourth name was read. They were all smug w/ cassandra... cassandra...cassandra. WTG Survivor editor's and your fancy put all the cassandra votes first. Let them gloat for a few before they had the carpet ripped right out from underneath them!!! I really like Mookie but OMG to give that idol up was the dumbest thing he ever did!!! I would have pissed em off and taken my chances.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts