Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed last week's attempt by Alex to save himself, but after his ouster at TC, nobody seems that upset that he's gone. I guess at the Sequesterville Hotel, Mookie can brain him repeatedly with a vacuum cleaner for forcing him to WASTE the idol.

Boo is a little nervous about all the hushed conversations at the water hole, so he's crafted a secret passageway that will enable him to silently (!) eavesdrop on every conversation there. Trouble is, everyone's back in the CAVE talking about his ouster. Good try, Boo-boy!

Yau, ever the formidible Survivor, begins to assess his status among the six remaning Foola-Foolas. Dreamz and Boo can whip his beehind physically. Maybe Stacy, too. Earl certainly has a good stock position, but Yau can't ride that coattail forever. It's time for Yau to take his destiny into his own hands.

The reward challenge comes up, and the contestants face the Curse of the Survivor Car, which is, in this case, a 2008 mega pickup truck from Ford. In addition to the wheels, the winner sends someone to Exile AND goes off with two others to deliver school supplies to a local Fijian school, where they'll also partake of a picnic.

Dreamz -- who doesn't even have a license much less a car -- really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wants to win.

The challenge involves being tied together as a threesome to traverse an obstacle course. Yau/Stacy/Boo stumble at first, giving Earl/Dreamz/Cassandra a rather large lead, but the YSB team pulls it out in the end. Individually, they must then chuck axes to cut ropes, and the first one to cut two ropes wins. Stacy is horrid at this, but interestingly, Yau wins. The truck is his.

He then makes one of the greatest strategic moves in all of Survivor history: He makes a pact with Dreamz, trading the car for immunity when the teams get to F4. And he sends himself to Exile Island, sidestepping all the political fallout that follows when part of a group goes on reward while the other part stays home. It is sheer genius, and Dreamz is all too happy to agree to it.

Buttttttttttttt.... He (Dreamz) later comes to realize he made not such a hot deal. If he gives his immuity to Yau as promised, he's going to get bounced that round. And if he reneges, the jury will see him as a lying scumbag and not send a single vote his way. But he made his bed and must therefore lie in it at this point.

At EI, Yau finds a third clue to the re-hidden idol and pretty much knows exactly where the thing is. Upon return to the camp, he directs Earl to find it, which he does. The Amazing Duo of Awesomeness now controls all the wildcard immunities.

Except those that can be won.

The Immunity Challenge involves lassoing a set of rings to pull down balance beams and walk ahead to subsequently smaller rounds. The last position is to snag a buoy and win.

Which Boo does, sending all the prior plans about his ouster into the toilet.

There's a TON of finagling now. The conversation goes around and around the mulberry bushes, the next out was SUPPOSED to be Boo by general agreement, and now that he's off-limits, the Foolas don't know quite what to do. Dreamz continues plugging his plan to be neither a dope nor a turncoat by eliminating Yau well before F4. Stacy agrees. She is established as the strawman ouster to placate the Earl loyalists, and everyone goes trooping off to Jeff.

Yau knows that something is up. After the ballots are cast, he plays his idol, which turns out to be another moment of Yau brilliance, for the vote turned 4-2 against him (Cassandra, the rat, stuck with Dre, voting against her former friendship with Earl. Bad show, Cassandra.). But since he's out of the running for votes, the ouster goes to the next highest target, which turns out to be Stacy.

Kisssshhhhh!

Next episode is Sunday when all this wraps up.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Thanks Dan. I missed it last night. It sounds like it was a good one. Go Yao! Now next week they try again thinking he doesn't have the immunity idol and they will be wrong!

R

·
0 Posts
That was the best Survivor ever! IMO
I'm liking Yau Man more and more. He so deserves to win the million. I think Dreamz or Boo is out next depending on who wins immunity. Dreamz should have realized that who ever wins the car never wins survivor. Kasandra may also be the next to go if they decide she went against the aliance and therefore she should go. She'll probably slide under the radar like she has been doing all along though.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Buttttttttttttt.... He (Dreamz) later comes to realize he made not such a hot deal. If he gives his immuity to Yau as promised, he's going to get bounced that round. And if he reneges, the jury will see him as a lying scumbag and not send a single vote his way.
What am I missing? What about the third option of just not winning immunity that round. It IS risky, but not necessarily his downfall, is it?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taffys Mom said:
Buttttttttttttt.... He (Dreamz) later comes to realize he made not such a hot deal. If he gives his immuity to Yau as promised, he's going to get bounced that round. And if he reneges, the jury will see him as a lying scumbag and not send a single vote his way.
What am I missing? What about the third option of just not winning immunity that round. It IS risky, but not necessarily his downfall, is it?
I thought of that, too, Denise. But I'm thinking that if Dreamz throws the challenge and DOESN'T win immunity, he's gone, too. And looks like a slacker (depending on what the challenge is).

Any way you slice it, Dreamz killed his chances at winning the million. I think it dawned on him when he was saying he could buy a whole fleet of Ford trucks for a seven-figure payout.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they could have taken out Yao if Stacy had kept her big fat trap shut. When asked by Jeff if she was nervous about going home, she said she thought there had been changes and everybody should be worried. All of a sudden Yao is scrambling to pull out the immunity idol. I think that if she had said "I think there's a good chance I'm going home", I don't think he plays it and Yao goes. He's sitting there all fat and happy with his alliance until she said that.

However, my boy Boo is now The Man. Assuming Earl is smart enough to figure out the Cassandra bailed on him, Boo is now the swing vote. Whether he picks Earl and Yao or Cassandra and Dreamz (ha!) will determine a lot down the stretch. Frankly if I were Boo, knowing that he could never get the votes to win the million, I'd make a deal with Dreamz. I give you the third vote and you give me the truck. Boo's a construction guy; he really wanted that truck.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I agree that Cassandra has just sunk her little boat with that move - and although Jeff didn't read ALL the votes, I think Yau and Earl are smart enough to see she turned. But if that is the case - it is 2 (Yau and Earl) against 3 (Boo, Dreamz, Cassandra) with only one hidden immunity left. So either Earl or Yau need to win the idol at the next challenge so that they can BOTH be safe or one of them might find themselves going home. And who to give the last hidden idol to at TC? That would be a toughy...great episode but I think Sunday is going to ROCK!!! WAY excited!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I completely agree about Stacey saying too much at tribal council. However, Yau did tell Earl that he had bad vibes before he left. They may have talked it through, so he might have been kicking around the idea of whipping it out anyway. (tee hee.)

But if there were any doubts... yep, Stacey big mouth sealed it for sure.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Golfgirlrobin said:
He's sitting there all fat and happy with his alliance until she said that..
I agree that she tipped the anti-alliance's hand, but Yau was nervous long before that. Pre-TC, he came to Earl and said "I've got a bad vibe" or "Something's up" or something like that. I remember it specifically beause it was almost the episode title for the recap.

It'll be interesting to see what Earl does w/the idol if his pal Yau gets in trouble. Clearly, Yau would have used his idol to protect Earl had it come to that... But will Earl use his to protect Yau? They've got one more TC to work all this out. My best scenario is that Yau wins immunity and the hidden idols all become moot.

Between his burying of a fauxidol and his masterful navigation through the Car Curse, Yau is clearly the best player on the island. I'd be really happy if he won. And if it has to go to someone else, I'd like it to be Earl.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If I were Yau, I would have held onto the keys to see if the immunity idol was indeed passed off, or in case he gets booted off before the F4. But, I could REALLY use that truck!

I really hope Yau wins!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have to say, this season started out a little flat. It has evolved into one of the best season yet. I am impressed with the way Yau is playing the game. When he made the deal with Dreamz and sent himself to Exile Island, I thought it was brilliant. Can't wait for Sunday, it's going to be a great ending.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Stacy = DUMBASS!!!! Nothing like giving away your strategy at the TC!! She deserved to go after that.

I'm not an Earl fan. I'd like to see him go.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I want Yao to win it all. Out Wit. Out Playout. Out Last. ;D I think he's the best player of ALL TIME.

When the reward challenge started, my SU said "I can't picture little Yao driving THAT truck." I said "Watch. I bet he wins it!" hehehe Never in a million years would I have thought he would do what he did though. Brilliant! Side step the curse of the car by giving it to someone else. ;D Oh, and sending himself to Exile! Why didn't anyone else think of that before? I tell you the guy is scary brilliant.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I have said it all season and I will continue....
I hate YAO!!!!!!
Stacey did talk too **** much. I like the idea of Boo going with Dreamz and whats her name. Take Earl and Yao out and I will be happy. Oh one more thing...
I hate YAO!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts