Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left this morning at 5:15am to go work out and got back at 6:30am to be greeted at the back door by Rider....AND Rookie.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Apparently in my sleepiness to get to the gym, I latched the crate...but not into the hole that would secure it. ::)

Fortunately, nothing was harmed, and there was not potty mistakes in the house...but man, I almost fainted!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
HAHA. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Usually the dogs are gated in one room, but I came home from class to find all THREE (!) running to the door to meet me!

Good job, Rookie, for not destroying the house!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Haha that was definitely a surprise!

Good boy Rookie for not destroying anything though :)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
silly little buggers.

Rhumba actually escaped the x-pen one day here. She quickly graduated to her crate the next day. I was not so lucky. She shredded the empty soda and beer boxes, got into a bag of dog food and poo'd LOL

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
God, if you weren't awake when you returned from the Gym, you sure were when you opened that door! Good boy, Rookie!

D

·
0 Posts
Rookie the escape artist!

I left Diesel out of the crate yesterday while I was away for 4 hours. He's 14 months old and has been quite reliable (accident free and not destructive).

Well came home to find a literal flood of pee in the kitchen. (Grrrr). If he can hold it all night out of the crate what is the problem during the day?

Back in the crate with Diesel!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
HA! I would have tramatized cats, and trash all over the house. Not to mention leg hiking marks on the kitchen cabinets. Good Boy Rook!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CenTexLabs said:
HA! I would have tramatized cats, and trash all over the house. Not to mention leg hiking marks on the kitchen cabinets. Good Boy Rook!
Yikes!!! I am pretty fortunate. Rookie is only almost 15 weeks...so I was walking around barefoot to see if I felt any wet spots...Rider hasn't been crated for over 3 years so I think that Rook prolly just went to tug on Rider's ear's and chew on one of the 5 gagillion bones we have laying around.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
It helps to have one already out and mature. My two are not even half way mature. Thank goodness for that puppy brain. "OOOHH toys and bones and stuff. I'll go potty later!!"

B

·
0 Posts
Good boy Rookie!!

I got a phone call from my neighbor one day...

"umm did you mean to leave Billie out?"

"****...NO!!"

"Well, she's sitting in the window smiling at me."

"Ummm...can you put her in her crate and call me with the damage assessment please?"

10 minutes later she called me and the house was in perfect order. I'd forgotten to put Billie in her crate and she'd slept on the couch all day. I guess Chewbaca Destructo the alter ego had taken the day off, because she'd destroyed nothing. Thank god.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
BudGirl8 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good girl, Billie! Here is a virtual scritch behind the ears. *scritch scritch*

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Piper's greeted me at the door a number of times and it always scares me :eek: The funny thing is that when she "escapes", she's perfectly fine...no damage, no accidents. But I still know deep down that if I left her out, I wouldn't come home to a standing house ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
BudGirl8 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good girl, Billie! Here is a virtual scritch behind the ears. *scritch scritch*
She loved to sit in her window chair and smile and "sing" for Aunt Laura and Uncle Brandon and her buddy Lacey. **** I miss them. *sniffle*

Anyway...I was very proud of Billie Holliday that afternoon. No chaos and destruction.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Good job Rookie!!
I haven't had one of these "surprises" yet, but what a test!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts