Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have had them removed - what am I in for? Did it hurt? :hurt: Mine are supposed to come out today...

Did you have any redness around the staples? I have a few that are quite red and a couple the are oozing a wee bit. My first surgeon used stiches internal and external, so this is a new experience...

Thanks!
~N

T

·
0 Posts
Mine didn't hurt at all actually, I had them taken out twice. I think one pinched once...piece of cake for me atleast...maybe someone else will say something else.

Good luck.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm the one that pulls them out, I try to avoid getting them put in! :laugh: :laugh: I rarely have a pt. c/o of much pain, unless there is redness and drainage which sounds like you have. You might have a start of an infection, time for them to come out and maybe an antibiotic! Hopefully it isn't to bad for you- Di

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I had them with my hysterectomy and didn't feel a thing when they were removed, and I had a lot of them.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
When I had my 1st csection i had staples and they didnt hurt at all when being removed, they did leave little holes though so be careful when bathing

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Are they actual metal staples, like used for papers? :crazy:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Staples are out. It wasn't too bad - It looks worse now though...bla. No antibiotics, just polysporin, for now.

Thank you for the words of wisdom.

Cheers
~Nikki

T

·
0 Posts
NikkiB said:
Staples are out. It wasn't too bad - It looks worse now though...bla. No antibiotics, just polysporin, for now.

Thank you for the words of wisdom.

Cheers
~Nikki
Awww, I'm glad it wasn't that bad! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts