Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Surgery (update page 2)

Just got back from my doc's app. I'm so nervous my surgery is going to be tomorrow mourning at 10. Today we had to wait in line for a couple of hours then we met with the surgeon. He was nice and examined my knee and showed my mom the way it moved and it was sliding and creepy and yeah. It wasn't painful at all, but at the sight of the needle (they had to draw blood)I nearly fainted. I hate needles. The good thing is when I wake up I get to eat papa johns. yummy!!!

If I can I will update tomorrow when I'm fully awake and not drugged up with the anesthetics

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good Luck with your surgery.
I am having surgery in a few weeks. Feeling a few pangs of nervousness already.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good luck with yours.

It is a pretty scary thought, but I'm going to be under for about an hour and a half, but there's so many questions ya know. One of my best friends is having surgery on her knee too in a few months so well both be pretty much in the same boat.

·
Registered
830 Posts
geez, I dont' even know how long I will be under!

At least you get to eat afterwards. I will be on a liquid diet for 4 weeks. BUT it is weight loss surgery so not eating is actually the point of mine! lol

Update when you can, I will be looking for it.
Focus on the Papa Johns.
Hope things go well!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Good luck, Anna! Everything will go well. Luckily, ACLr surgery is really well understood. What kind of graft are you going to get? Are they going to take it from your knee or hamstring, or use a cadaver? If they use the patellar tendon, be prepared for a world of hurt. It will get better, though.

Either way, rest well for now and then do exactly what your surgeon says!!!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right now their looking at taking from my hamstring tendon. They suggested they might take from my patellar tendon, but it will most likely be from my hamstring.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back. Had to stay the night at the hospital and just recently got back to the house. Things went well, when we first got there they said I was going to do a patellar graft thing, but when they actually got inside my knee they decided a hamstring graft would be better. Hd a fairly good stay and they showed me my stitches and it was pretty cool once all the blood was cleared away. The last thing I remember from before my surgery was my arm burning and the bright light then I was out, but everything went well and I'm still in some pain, but the pain meds are taking affect and yes I got my papa johns and am eeating it right now lol/

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Hope the healing goes quickly and the Papa John's is delicious.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts