Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
What do you feed the dog? At a minimum, fish oil (1000 mg/20 lbs of weight is a good amount) - helps with any inflammation, including arthritis, and glucosamine/chondroitin/msm for joints.

I would not add vitamin C - dogs produce it on their own and don't need it unless there's a specific reason your dog is deficient.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I want to start Tucker on Glucosamine w/MSN. Would it hurt to start Frankie (almost 5) and Macy (2) on it now as a preventative?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Well I started the 3 of mine on Glucosamine w/MSM lastnight. Frankie woke up this morning scratching at his ear again.
That poor dog can't handle anything except his kibble.
*sigh*

I'm going to give it another day and see how it goes...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well I started the 3 of mine on Glucosamine w/MSM lastnight. Frankie woke up this morning scratching at his ear again.
That poor dog can't handle anything except his kibble.
*sigh*

I'm going to give it another day and see how it goes...
A lot of supplements have soy, check the label. If you want a soy-free one, go to GNC.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If you want a soy-free one, go to GNC.
He woke up with the bad ear again today so we're done with the ones I bought. I'll try GNC, thanks. The label says the glucosamine source is shrimp, I should have known. :(

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I have all my dogs on Phyto-flex, a powdered Glucosamine/chondroitin suppliment and fish oil/Vitamin E. Periodically I give a probiotic when I change protein sources (I feed one meal RAW)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.