Just Labradors banner

***SUNDAY UPDATE*** Landscaping Project Phase 2

559 views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  Emma the Lab 
G
#1 ·
After cutting both my in-laws and our grass and helping my father-in-law pull a small mower engine to go into the shop, we worked some more on the front of the house.

We still need to buy some plants and flowers for all the beds but we are making progress. Here are a few pictures.

We will continue cutting out the planting bed all around the front and sides of the house. This is as far as we got with back filling dirt and mulch before it started to rain. So, we are done until tomorrow!

I need a beer!! :D

***SUNDAY UPDATE***

Today we took a break from the front landscaping. Lynn wanted to put in two planting beds and asked me to work on that today. With a little hard work we actually got both of them completed - now they need plants, flowers, vegetables, etc.

Lynn was thrilled that we got them both done - we are both worn out. We just got back from taking her mom and my mom to brunch. In 45 minutes, we have to go to a tribute dinner. I need a nap!! :D

Here are the planting beds.

Both:

A close-up of one:

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Landscaping Project Phase 2

It is looking SO good!!! ;D Now, what are the purple flowers?

G
#5 ·

AngusFangus said:
It is looking SO good!!! ;D Now, what are the purple flowers?
Thanks - we are happy with how it is turning out.

They are Purple Gem Rhododendrons. They grow to about 2 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide - and like partial sun. We put them in last weekend and they are already blossoming. ;D

G
#7 ·

Charla said:
What what a big difference, don't you think?! It really completes the front of the house! Gives it more of a finished look. Awesome job! I absolutely love it! :laugh:
Thank you!! We agree - it helps make the house look complete. This has really been a work in progress for us - but we hope to get the landscaping done this year. ANd work on that grass, too. But, we've been driving trucks over the front lawn to deliver pavers to the back, dropping dirt, etc. So, I'll worry about the grass last.

And, I've got a guy coming up to give us a price to pave in front of the garage and parking area so we can get rid of the stone. ;D

#8 ·

It's looking great!! Now get yourself that beer - you deserve it :)

G
#16 ·

kaisdad said:
Looking good so far, Mark! I love the rhodos! Have you finalized your planting selection yet?
Thanks, Cam! We're kinda' going with the flow on selection. Our local greenhouse is still getting stock - and we still have the possibility of a light frost tonight - so we haven't got it all yet. Plus, we've got so many events going on at both of the colleges where we work that we've got limited time at home - so we don't want to buy a lot of stuff and not be able to get it in the ground.

Lynn always has some vision in the back of her mind, though, and I accept my role as day laborer! :D

#21 ·
Wow! You guys are kicking some garden ass! :D You got all that done today? :eek: Man, just when I was feeling good about getting *most* of the beds mulched! :D

#23 ·
Well apart from it being so beautifully laid out, you two must be tremendously fit! That is a LOT of work you've put in there! Not to mention everything else you've done with your property.

God grant you a fabulous double rainbow over it all when your work is complete. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.