Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making BBQ ribs and roasted potatoes, not sure what else to go with. Need a salad or vegetable, too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday, but today is going to be so nice outside, I might have to grill something... hmmmm...

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Jackie we're having BBQ ribs,corn on the cob and Jersey Tomaters! We will have homemade blueberry ice cream if I get my butt in gear.....

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Well, you could go simple--some nice sliced tomatoes are always good.
Or you could do a baby spinach salad--baby spinach, pecans, craisins, a mild white cheese (feta, or havarti,) with a raspberry vinaigrette.
Or some green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic are always good.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, you could go simple--some nice sliced tomatoes are always good.
Or you could do a baby spinach salad--baby spinach, pecans, craisins, a mild white cheese (feta, or havarti,) with a raspberry vinaigrette.
Or some green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic are always good.
I'd love the spinach salad, but Bill hates spinach. :eek: Maybe a run to the farm market will give me some ideas.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I'd love the spinach salad, but Bill hates spinach. :eek: Maybe a run to the farm market will give me some ideas.
You could do the same type of salad with romaine or any leafy lettuce. Bibb lettuce is good with that too.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh I forgot about supper, hmmm. I did however take care of dessert, I fixed a fresh peach pie. I guess I best get out to the freezer and decide what's cookin.... leaves thread to go out and raid the freezer.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
After all the rich food we ate on vacation this past week I was thinking on making Nathan's hot dogs on the grill but my nephew was with us and hasn't had a hamburger in over a week so his folks are currently at the store getting round steak which is on sale ground in hamburger so that is going to be dinner along with french fries and corn on the cob.

As far as a salad goes we had a tomato, mint, sweet onion and corn salad one night on the buffet at the Bellagio this week it was dressed with olive oil, vinegar and mint ...it was really good.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'm going to the Sunday evening dance in Lawrence at which there's a potluck supper.

I have some leftover meat on a rotisseried chicken from Costco in the fridge that needs to get eaten before it goes bad so I'm making Hunter's Chicken (aka Chicken Cacciatore) -- basmati rice, sliced mushrooms, chicken bits, minced fresh basil, garlic, chicken stock, Classico spaghetti sauce -- it's cooking now in my 5.5 cup Zojirushi induction rice cooker.

That'll be the second potluck today for my gut :eek: -- we already had one following the 10:30 service at the Cathedral and I ate too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts