Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my grades are turned in. I'm done.

Summers are really lazy around the college. Distractingly boring. But this summer I guess I'll work on accruing required and elective hours to complete my Ambassador Program. You have 2 years to complete the program and I am determined to finish it in 1. I started the program in March.

The required courses are seemingly pretty ho-hum but I've done two courses now and have actually used some of the information imparted to the class! That's been cool. They are "leadership" types of courses, so you can just imagine the jargon ::) (I did a post about that a week or two ago).

The one I really, really want to take (6 elective hours) is on business editing, proofreading and publication. So many of the rules have changed since I first learned them that it should hold my attention. I love that kind of stuff. Only downer on that one is it is held in Stillwater (1-1/2 hours away) and starts at 8:30 in the morning. Oh well... we'll work it out.

The college pays for the courses, I've got a great buddy to take the courses with, and I just might learn something.

When I am not busy with the program I shall plunge full force into slugdom. :)

D

·
0 Posts
I work on college campuses as well.

I love it when they are gone --- get decent parking --- the staff can actually talk to me --- it is very quiet. It is a real jolt (a good one though) when they get back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts