Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are not the only ones that are SICK of rain, rain, rain every day.

The worst part of the rain is that it means no swimming for Guthrie. This past weekend we got our first nice sunny day. Boy did we have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3_12aRgvw&feature=channel_page

P.S. does anyone else's labby wag it's tail when it's swimming? Huckle never did this but Guthrie's tail goes back and forth like a fish the entire he is in there.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
great video :) Nice editing, He looks so happy. He could be a dock diver, for sure. :) Payton seems to use her tail as a rudder or another means of propulsion, I think.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Megan, I LOVE the video! Guthrie is absolutely having a wonderful time. He has his own personal "dock". After I watched this video, I just had to look at some of the other Guthrie videos.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
What a happy boy Guthrie is!!!! I wish we had a pool,pond or something the girls could swim in. I'll bet they'd love it like Guthrie.:) Smooches to that sweet boy.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments! :) The pool is a lot of work (since it is so old) but SOO worth it to see this boy have so much fun.

Tonight he figured out how bend over and take a drink out of it. The second time he tried it he lost his balance and darn near fell headfirst in the pool! I wish I had captured it on video. I was LMBO!

Is he named after Woody or Arlo? :)

Actually, no...neither of them. But I do refer to Woody if anyone asks his name because people have a hard time remembering it. If I dont' say "like Woody Guthrie" they end up calling him Gunther the next time they see him.

The funny thing about his name is that I have no recollection of actually coming up with it. I had created a document of puppy names after I had lost my first lab. I had been adding to the list for over a year. A couple weeks prior to getting Guthrie I was still unsure what to name him. I opened the document and reviewed it. Low and behold the very first name on the list was Guthrie. I looked it up and found out that it is Irish and means "windy spot" Guthrie was born during a late April Nor'easter so I figured fate was stepping in to name this goofy boy.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Guthrie is such a sweetheart! Good swimmer and happy happy boy! :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wonderful video. I love the stills-how did you do that?

Love Guthrie's name. Have a great summer, Guthrie !!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wonderful video. I love the stills-how did you do that?

Love Guthrie's name. Have a great summer, Guthrie !!!!
The video was made in Windows Movie Maker. There is an option to change the pictures/videos to watercolor. Since my dumb computer wouldn't let me add Dire Straits song "Twisting by the Pool" I thought I'd mess with the pictures and thought the watercolor feature was neat.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need to get that boy to a dockdogs event!!
There are no dock diving clubs near me! :(
But there is an Susan Koman event close by in August...we are going.. They will have a dock set up there and with any luck we will get a chance to fly! I think it is going to be packed with folks/pups wanting to give dock diving a try.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
My gosh he is SO handsome!! (I watched the video with the talking toy too, funny boy!) Great stays and jumps too :) He looks like he is having an absolute blast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts