Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 month old lab that has regressed into his childhood. Within the last two months, Cooper has started suckling on his stuffed animals. He treats them as if they are his mom & he is trying to get milk out of them. Does anyone have any ideas why he is doing this? :confused:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
My Willy is 5 years old and has always done this. We call it love nibbles. Libby does it if you give her lots of lovins and she gets excited, she'll do it to the blanket on the bed. I think Willy uses it as a pacifier, like a baby. I don't care, if it makes him happy and it's only his toys.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Caleb has done the same thing with his Tickle Me Elmo since the day we brought him home. Which is why Elmo has no "fur" on his belly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Cooper is 7 months and does the same thing with his "baby". He has done this since the day we brought him home also. It seems to calm and satisfy him so it works for me.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Cybil did that her entire life. Sometimes she'd suck on her blanket so much it would be nearly dripping.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the input. I was worried that he was missing his mom or needing something that we weren't giving him. I guess I am just a worrier. Thanks again.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My four year old, Ben, does it too. He gathers up his blankie from his bed, between his front paws and kind of goes into a little trance which we call 'meditating'. His jaws go in and out as he sucks and I always find it kind of cute. I think it takes him back to when he was a baby.

Chrissie

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh my goodness, that is such a cute clip of Guthrie sucking on his watermelon. I just love all the snuffly sounds that go with it :) Give that boy a big hug please Megan.

Chrissie and Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup Denali does the same with his "lobster" I replace lobster every 6 months or so b/c it just become disgusting and after about 5 tumbles in the wash it's had it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts