Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I asked for suggestions on how to remove Lab hair from my car's dash and someone mentioned going to an auto parts store for a product specifically designed for that.

So when I happened to be driving by an O'Reilly's, I pulled in and asked what they had that worked well. The clerk showed me a bunch of "Microfiber" cloths in various sizes and configurations (some with sponges).

I bought a pack of 3 that were about 12" x12" (30 x 30 cm) each and the directions say that they can be washed after using (to shed the dirt) and reused. The cloth works VERY well -- its magnetism (or stickiness) is much stronger for Lab hair than that of the dash.

So, many thanks to that someone! :D

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Microfiber clothes are great. I use them to clean all the time. Reduces the need for some many cleaners.
Just a word of advice. When you wash them don't use fabric softener/dry sheets. It builds up on them and reduces their effectiveness.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Microfiber clothes are great. I use them to clean all the time. Reduces the need for some many cleaners. Just a word of advice. When you wash them don't use fabric softener/dry sheets. It builds up on them and reduces their effectiveness.
Yes. I saw that warning -- as well as one cautioning against drying with high heat.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Yes. I saw that warning -- as well as one cautioning against drying with high heat.
Are we still talking cloths? Or do you mean Puff?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I *heart* my microfiber cloths! I use a bit of plain white vinegar in the rinse when I wash them, it helps get all the soap residue out and fluffs them up a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts