I got home tonight and was planning on taking the dogs to training. I was getting into the closet in the garage that holds their food, towels, toys and stuff. As soon as I opened the door, Skippy stuck his head in and grabbed something and started chomping down on it. I couldn't figure what what he could have grabbed (no bags of dog food right now), and just as I decided to make him "drop-it" he spit it out - a little block of RAT POISON!!!!! It was bright blue and I remember that SU said he had put some rat poison in the closet because he found a mouse. I wasn't very happy about it, but didn't think the dogs would ever be near it. So I kicked into high gear - called the vet, looked for our hydrgen peroxide, called SU, found a chunk in one of the other closets to compare size, weighed the bocks to see how much he might have gotten, coudln't find H2O2 anywhere in the house - called the vet back, stuck my hand down his throat several times to try to make him vomit - loaded him up in the car, drove to the neighbors and got a bottle of their H2O2, brought him home and poored half the bottle down his throat. About this time SU came home early (figured he'd better helped cuz he knew I'd kill him if something happened to Skippy), then I mixed the peroxide with water and poured some more down him. Finally he up-chucked good and there was the bright blue chunk of poison that he had eaten. He threw up a couple more times and is fine now. I called the vet back to see if there was anything else I should do - they said to watch him, and if he doesn't seem well, they could give him Vit K. I went and got some from the pharmacy and will give him some just to be on the safe side, but I really think that he puked it all up, and it hadn't been in him more than 15 minutes. Thank-God that he didn't gulp it down in one bite - I probably would have never realized that it was rat poison that he had gotten.