1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and what is he doing?

working. from home. :confused:

I think he might be an alien. :whatever:

I just got mine out a few months ago and I was in no condition to do anything but ice, rest and pain meds.

did any of you that have had your 4 wisdom teeth out bounce back like that...I mean, the second he got home he went back to work.
I am glad he isn't feeling bad but it is kinda annoying.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I was OUT that whole day litterally mom had to wake me up and make me put the ice packs on and I didn't even want to do that. I think mine was from the anistesia though they put me out for the procedure and had trouble getting me to wake back up again they pretty much had to carry me out to the car afterward. The next day though I went shopping and felt pretty good.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I was totally out of it for the rest of the day. And the next day I looked like a chipmunk. I could barely open my mouth for about three days after that.

Your son MUST be an alien.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
All pulled in one day with Novocain, Only problem I had was when I heard a loud crack while the dentist was pulling and his next words were, Whoops.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I havent had any out yet 3 are through and they arent impacted PHEWWW but i can imagine how painful its gotta be, isnt he swollen just a bit?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Wow! Good for him! I was out cold all day from the drugs and then got really sick off the vicodin that night...but by the next day I was much better. Just make sure he doesn't eat anything like popcorn tonight...no matter how good he feels!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
I had all four out and got 2 dry sockets. WORST THING EVERRRR.

Couldn't eat, drink or even open my mouth without both sides of my mouth throbbing. :no:
My husband got that. He still looks shell-shocked when he talks about it.

I breezed right through it, no swelling, didn't really hurt. I had planned on milking several days off from school because of it and got nothing.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Methinks hubby is still numb from the procedure, Tomorrow may be another story.

Mine were impacted and I had all four taken out in the hospital. They had to dislocate my jaw and break the teeth to get them out. I felt like I'd been kicked in the jaw by a horse. The worst pain was where the jaw had been dislocated, and where the corners of my mouth were cut from how they had it pulled open.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
My DH thought that he was going to be all functional and everything - made me stop at a store to get him magazines on the way home from the dental surgeon. He was out cold the rest of the day.

I had mine out using a combo of Darvon Demerol and Valium (I highly recommend this by the way - pretty awesome). I had 3 which were not impacted. Had not much difficultly recovering - was back in work 3 days later. At work about 2 hours and was working on putting a shipment of handbags out and the fixture for the handbags (which was about 5 feet tall) somehow broke, swung around and smacked me right in the jaw.

Then I felt pretty awful.

Edited due to faulty memory.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
I had mine out using a combo of Darvon and Valium (I highly recommend this by the way - pretty awesome). I had 3 which were not impacted. Had not much difficultly recovering - was back in work 3 days later. At work about 2 hours and was working on putting a shipment of handbags out and the fixture for the handbags (which was about 5 feet tall) somehow broke, swung around and smacked me right in the jaw.

Then I felt pretty awful.
Holy crap - I bet you felt awful! :hurt:

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
My 4 were all through when I had them out 2 at a time. My only problem was we went to the Air Force Base Pharmacy as it was on the way home to get my pain meds filled after the 2nd set. While we were waiting we went to the commissary across the street.

Mom picked up 5 one pound packs of bacon and dropped one. I bent over to pick it up and she whacked me on the side of my mouth where my teeth were just removed with the other 4 pounds. She tore open my gums, the gauze that was back there came flying out. Tried not to spit out blood and pass out. A physician from the base hospital saw it happen and came to my rescue. He poured his produce out so I could spit in the bag took me and sat me on the floor got a box of gauze from the medical aisle and packed it again to slow down the bleeding. He called his office and they arranged with the base dental clinic to see me immediately to sew me up even though they normally didn't see dependents. My mouth really hurt after that and instead of the mild pain meds my dentist had given me they gave me some major stuff that the pharmacy filled with no waiting as I now had 5 stitches. She tore both upper and lower area open. And I have never let her forget it.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Ouch. How did he do that? lol

I can make it through my c-sections no problem with no pain meds afterwards, but I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to any kind of mouth pain. The slightest toothache nearly puts me to tears. I had one taken out a few months ago and that was enough!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts