Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For crap, it's been 3 months and it's driving me nuts...I'm actually getting angry that it's not staying up, do you guys have any ideas on how to get a flag pole to stay in a brick wall :no:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like my flags, I put them up for every holiday, not just for patriotism, I put them up for valentine's day, St Patricks day, Christmas, Easter, Memorial day...Labrador ones...I love them ;)

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Whats for choppy ? :laugh: Prime rib here . :happy:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
storyteller said:
Whats for choppy ? :laugh: Prime rib here . :happy:
Didn't get the chicken thawed did you? :laugh:

What kind of base does it have, is it something you could nail to the wall with one of thise guns that drive a nail with a blank cartridge?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Get some of that putty they sell on TV...you know, the stuff that'll stick to everything....lol.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
billy whatever his name is . :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
We don't have the problem with it staying on we have a problem with it breaking we went through 3 this summer until we gave up. The last one was metal and they snapped off in the wind.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allie said:
Get some of that putty they sell on TV...you know, the stuff that'll stick to everything....lol.
:laugh: that's what I'm thinking too.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Princess Zoe said:
We don't have the problem with it staying on we have a problem with it breaking we went through 3 this summer until we gave up. The last one was metal and they snapped off in the wind.
They're not made that good :(

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Tundra Aries said:
Princess Zoe said:
They're not made that good :(
Ours does o.k with the metal holder, but come Oct. and the east wind, it's down until about Feb., had to replace to many poles, or is that poll, or pull.... :ugly:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna try one more place with this stupid flag...if not I give up...and I have soo many pretty flags too :(

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
You need to use proper masonry anchors if you're going to fasten to brick. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend it. You can easily crack the brick and mortar and cause some real damage. I imagine you have wood trim around windows or garage door, so attach a bracket there and use long, lag screws to fasten deep into the wooden structure which will be found behind said trim. Drill pilot holes first, so as to minimize the risk of splitting the wood trim.

Look here for some ideas of some of the things I've said. They also sell some very sturdy brackets.

http://www.flagguys.com/brackets.html

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kaisdad said:
You need to use proper masonry anchors if you're going to fasten to brick. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend it. You can easily crack the brick and mortar and cause some real damage. I imagine you have wood trim around windows or garage door, so attach a bracket there and use long, lag screws to fasten deep into the wooden structure which will be found behind said trim. Drill pilot holes first, so as to minimize the risk of splitting the wood trim.

Look here for some ideas of some of the things I've said. They also sell some very sturdy brackets.

http://www.flagguys.com/brackets.html
Thanks you SO much!! I really don't think he knows what he's doing, he even tells me he doesn't know what else to do...we gonna try what you said, hopefully we can work something else out :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
A good sturdy bracket and Tapcons (google it)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
rushpuppy said:
Yeah, we had the same thing happen so we put up a flag pole! Problem solved! ;)
Same here.

Tundra Aries said:
I like my flags, I put them up for every holiday, not just for patriotism, I put them up for valentine's day, St Patricks day, Christmas, Easter, Memorial day...Labrador ones...I love them ;)
I hang the smaller "garden" flags. You can buy simple "stands" that stick in the ground at WalMart. I've seen some fancier ones on line, too. If you have your heart set on displaying the larger decorative flags, I've seen some hanging on a larger version of what my garden flags hang on. I just haven't been able to find any in the stores around here.

ETA- I did a quick Google search and came up with this: http://flagsforsail.com/flagaccessories.htm I have small ones like the wrought iron one pictured. If you decide to go with something like that, I suggest putting a clothes pin on the open end after you put the flag on. It's saved me from losing quite a few flags in the wind. One of my stands came with a rubber stopper to use on the end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts