Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to put our finger on what it is about him that provides a type of love that neither of us has experienced and what we love most about being parents......I figured it out. It's as though we can experience the innocence of our youth again through him. Anyone else feel this way too?

Obviously, there are other things we love...but this is probably my favorite.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
In a way it's so awesome watching her experience things for the first time and watching her grow and her personality develop. We've been so blessed with Aubrey she's been such a good baby.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
For me, it was watching the firsts and their excitement about everything. As they got older, I LOVED re-experiencing my childhood with them . . . I still do. When our first son was born (almost 16 years ago :eek:) my husband stood there staring at him with tears streaming down his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "I've never known someone that I was related to before." My husband was adopted as an infant, and has since found his biological family. He was always very interested in ways that the kids looked like him, did things like him, etc. He is still much more observant about those things than I am.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't know what it is that makes us love them so much - I can remember sitting on the couch nursing my son and just crying because I loved him so much.

Now that he's 3, there's fewer of that heart-stopping, breath-taking, OMG I love him moments. Probably because I don't have crazy hormones racing through my bloodstream. ;) BUT.....I'd say the fact that I still love him even when he's being....well....3....proves how all-encompassing parental love is.

It really is amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts