Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbors of two years have had a dog of some kind since we lived here. The dog has been on a chain NON STOP-24/7. I have called Animal Control because the dog was very skinny--I'm talking seeing ribs from across the street. I have called Animal Control because dh went over there twice one night to untangle their dog, and the next morning, said dog had jumped over the fence and was literally hanging there. His feet were touching the ground, but he couldnt get untangled. I know that they have been called on many other times.

I know they check it out, but the dog remains there---chained and ignored. Literally the only interaction that dog has is when someone comes out and feeds it it's cheap grocery store brand dog food. SO what do I see the kids playing with over there yesterday? A NEW PUPPY.

The one child happens to be ds's age and today he asked him why our dog only has three legs now. Ds told him that she had cancer in her leg and they amputated it. The kid's response--if my dog had cancer, I would just take it out somewhere and leave it. Why, why WHY do people like this get the privellege of keeping an animal. Just an FYI- I am going to report to animal control that these people have the puppy. Maybe after a few hundred trips to the house, they will finally listen to someone and not allow them to keep pets. UGH.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Ugh. That is so disheartening. As soon as the pup gets bigger and isn't "cute" anymore, he'll probably be chained up outside, too. :mad:

I would definitely report them to Animal Control on the new dog and remind them that the other dog is still out there. It's hard to believe they wouldn't take an emaciated, chained up dog away after the second call.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I know how you feel luckily our neighbor doesn't tie theirs up but they let them run the neighborhood instead which is about as bad. They just got a new lab puppy too that's not running free with their other dog and he has not tag and absolutley no manners :mad:

Can you check the dog laws in your town every city/county is different until recently our AC couldn't do anything unless they witnessed abuse first hand. They just passed a new dog law though that gives them the power to conduct investigations and issue punishment from them. Maybe the laws in your town don't allow the AC to take the dogs unless they are handed over to them willingly or something.

People suck sometimes.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TangerineFizz said:
Sounds like a midnight liberation might actually be in order.....
We are moving in a couple of months, and believe me, we have thought about it more than once. I have checked laws and they are technically doing nothing wrong. They feed the dog and provide it a dog house to protect it from the elements. Ignoring a dog and keeping it on a 8 foot chain apparently isnt a problem. ::)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Poor thing. Unfortunatley dogs are not treated by law the way they should be and the many time the AC's power is way to limited. I'd still keep calling though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts