Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or I should say, stupid fridge. Or perhaps, stupid first-time home owners. ::) The fridge leaked the other day while I was at work and now a few of the tiles have come up. Thankfully they are easy to replace, but still... :-\

Spent the day today putting a thin bead of silicone caulk in the seams of all the tiles. HELLO...why didn't we think of this before the fridge leaked? Live and learn, I guess. I'm sure other people have made stupid home-repair mistakes too.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Oh no! What a heartbreak! Well, a little heartbreak but still.
Remember I posted that we picked a pattern very similar to yours? We chose vinyl sheeting instead of tile for this very reason. So what happens today? Washing machine is leaking behind it... big puddle between kitchen and living room. Nice little riverlet at the baseboard behind washer and dryer.

*sigh...* Always something, isn't there.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i was just going to say the joys of owning a home. we have to have our roof redone this year and i'm not looking forward to dropping that much money on something when we are still, 8 years later, in need of bedroom furniture. we have one small dresser and my stuff is all on a rolling cart with canvas boxes. hope this is your last big fix for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts