Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the truck in because the AC isn't working.. compressor gone.. $1000 to fix.

No, i'll sweat it out, thanks.

But they charge $99 to diagnose it! wtf?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy crap!!!!!!!

I would die with AC in my truck.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hi Kelli, mechanics wife here. Call around. Is that at the dealership? $99 to diagnose is high, but that fee is usually subrtacted from total when you get the work done. Try some smaller shops, ask if they can get a used one from a wreckers. If you were closer, i'd tell ya to come down here. I'm sure the hubby could do it for alot less.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i'll call around.. but it's going to have to wait.. i'm in a bit of a financial bind.. honestly i was hoping it was just going to need freeon.. this wasn't what i thought it was going to be.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I called him, lol. I've been married to him for a long time. He said the same thing i did. What sucks about compressors is that they can't really be fixed, if they leak at the seal, sometimes but thats a slim sometimes it works if they replace the seal. Anyways he said to try and get a used one and get an honest smaller shop to do the work (he has a sore spot with dealerships even tho our son works at one). Hope it doesn't stay too hot up there.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called him, lol. I've been married to him for a long time. He said the same thing i did. What sucks about compressors is that they can't really be fixed, if they leak at the seal, sometimes but thats a slim sometimes it works if they replace the seal. Anyways he said to try and get a used one and get an honest smaller shop to do the work (he has a sore spot with dealerships even tho our son works at one). Hope it doesn't stay too hot up there.
=) Thank you for calling and asking.. that was really sweet! I think there's some places around here that sell used parts.. maybe when my parents aren't looking, i'll grab theirs =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts