Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to take my driver's license test today and they wouldn't let me take the test! Becasue you can't open the passenger side door from the outside. WTF!!! This is the SECOND time I've tried to take the **** test. I will have to use my mom's car to take the test now. BUT she has to get the 'check engine soon' light to turn off before I can use her car for the test. ugh.

R

·
0 Posts
I don't think the check engine light should matter. The car needs to be safe to drive and in good working order, lights, brakes, good tires, seat belts that work, that kinda stuff. He'll probably ask if this is the car you will be driving and have been driving to practice. So using your momscar makes sence.
Put some black tape over the check engine light. ;)
Do you have to have a safety inspection done on the cars where you live? We do, every year, it ensures that the cars that are on the road are in good working order and safe to drive.

Good luck on the driving test.
:)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
rexduke said:
Honey do list:

Fix check engine light

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Honestly, I'm not surprised that they wouldn't let you take the test with a car who's passenger car won't open from the outside! That is a safety hazard. :) As for the check engine light, I agree with Michelle; the employment of a little electrical tape is well suited for this situation.

R

·
0 Posts
labs4life said:
rexduke said:
Honey do list:

Fix check engine light
My uncle is a lazy mechanic, I went ther one time complaning of a noise my car was making he said, "oh I can fix that for you right now" and turned my radio up. No kidding, he thinks he's funny. :-\ He's also the one who told me to cover up the check engine light with electrical tape. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts