Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of cheapy summer flip flops at the grocery store. They have a softish piece of plastic around the part that goes between your toes. Is this supposed to be removed or does it stay that way?

I'm 44 years old and I should know this kind of stuff. It's like they gave a class and I missed it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I've never noticed if any of mine have it. I wouldn't know the answer, now I have to check all my flip flops.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I would keep it on. It may be to prevent blisters between your toes, or to keep the toe straps in place.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
no help here. I can't wear flip flops, they are always too loose over the instep for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
O.k 3 of mine had it, 5 did not- so I guess I just never noticed but never removed them. Funniest part is I only have 18 pair of shoes total. Hate to see what it would look like if I lived in a warm climate. Only 2 high heeled nice types!! LOL

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i have no idea, but my educated guess is that it's for hygiene purposes because so many people try them on(sort of like the paper strip in the crotch of swimsuits.)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
the hygiene strip makes the most sense to me. hundreds of people you don't know have had that wedged between their toes and just ewwwwww! :eek:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I just bought a pair of cheapy summer flip flops at the grocery store. They have a softish piece of plastic around the part that goes between your toes. Is this supposed to be removed or does it stay that way?

I'm 44 years old and I should know this kind of stuff. It's like they gave a class and I missed it.
Yep that was a pretty stupid question alright. :D

Didn't they come with an instruction manual? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't believe all the people in that link that leave it on! LOL! I think I would burst out laughing if I saw someone walking around with it stil on.

You know how, when you buy new shoes, there is a piece of cardboard inside to keep the shoe in shape? That's what I think those are. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
If it's the little plastic tubey thing they're talking about in that link, I wouldn't even notice if someone left it on. You'd have to be staring right between their toes - ew.

The last couple of pairs of flip flops I've bought, that were in boxes, have big foam circles with a slit that fits around the toe part. Those are there to hold the flip-floppy shape in the box. So I don't know what the plastic tube thing is for - maybe since it's rounded and smooth all over, some think it's more comfortable than the fabric between the toes.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
the hygiene strip makes the most sense to me. hundreds of people you don't know have had that wedged between their toes and just ewwwwww! :eek:
I will never look at flip flops the same way again ::hurl::

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The last couple of pairs of flip flops I've bought, that were in boxes, have big foam circles with a slit that fits around the toe part. Those are there to hold the flip-floppy shape in the box.
That's what I'm talking about! What are you guys talking about? I thought people were walking around with those still on - hence why I would laugh my head off. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts