Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(update) This whole ordeal cost me $125.00 :mad: Now what can I do to get back at the electric company? ;D

We have our electric bill set up to be deducted from our checking account and they overcharged me and now it could be days before they put the money back in :mad: In the mean time the overdrafts fees will be racking up!!

Last month I called them and told them NOT to deduct the payment, I would send it in..because we were running a bit short that week. They said sorry they couldn't stop it,so I called my bank and told them to deny it..they did. I sent in my payment the following week..ok I was a week late. So now they charged me 2 months worth because I didn't call the electric company to tell them I sent a check..WTH? YOU posted it MORONS!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Re: stupid electronic payments

I will never allow automatic withdrawal for this reason. When I worked in a bank I seen first hand the damage it could cause. Hope it doesnt take to long to get your money back.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

I'd be pissed too I found out the hard way with my car payment that it takes at least 2 weeks to cancel the direct withdraw. I do have my insurance, and other bills directly withdrawn but only ones that are fixed. I would never do it with our LG&E (gas,elec.) or phone or anything that could change drastically month to month. Our bank account runs too low some months and if they decide to take it out a day early or something I'd be screwed. They did that with my parents they changed their policy and started taking it out like a week earlier than before without notifying them. Luckily they noticed it in time and were able to avoid an overdraft but only because dad happened to check their balance one day.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts

The only automatic payment I have is the cable bill. I can't seem to remember to pay them on time so I set it up and don't have to remember. The only problem I had was when I cancelled my debit card (I lost it) and forgot that was how the payment was made. That was my fault though.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well I am the world's worst on MAILING payments off!! I signed up to have my electrical bill deducted because they hold a security deposit and I the only way they let you have your money back is if you go 12 months without being late. I was 6 months straight on being ontime..now I gotta start over..SOB!! :mad:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

That sucks. I normally pay mine online so I can pay it up to the day it's due and still have it post on time. I don't trust the mail I've had several payments not make it to their intended target :-\
Hopefully they don't take too long to get it back to you account.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Called first thing this morning.... :mad: SORRY you have a credit....Well isn't that flipping GRAND.. now that will come in handy with all the overdraft fees I am wracking up...now my whole paycheck this week will be just enough to cover them!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

Sorry that does stink. I really hate those o/d fees I wish they would be a little more lenient some times but I know it's a business too.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts

I hate this too. I stopped the automatic payments for this same reason. Used to drive me bonkers. They are always in a hurry to get your money, but never in a hurry to give it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts