Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course Stump is a Houston resident so it's no surprise that he will make appearances at the Reliant Park World Series of Dog Shows this weekend.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pets/6531147.html

I have been invited by the Southeast Texas Labrador Rescue to work at their booth creating my computer portraits for donations. That means I won't be able to take Freckles like I've done the last two years to stroll around. People would stop me thinking he was a rare breed that they have never seen before. I always have a laugh and tell them he's a one of a kind Australian Border Spaniel.

I would take Duke to help work the crowd but this event is reserved to present Labs looking for a home and the rescue has, unfortunately, a lot of beautiful Labs ready for adoption. Just hope I can resist taking another one home with me.:D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
That is so cool! I'm such a Stump fan!
I think it's great you do so muc with the lab rescue, I commend you for that!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I know the Rescue group appreciates all you do to help. The best thing about having a dog like Stump there is the draw to people who might not come otherwise. You just never know where the next "forever home and family" will come from. I know it will be hard to come home without another pup but be strong!! Just remember Freckles and Duke need to have first approvals on any new family member! :)

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Of course Stump is a Houston resident so it's no surprise that he will make appearances at the Reliant Park World Series of Dog Shows this weekend.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pets/6531147.html

I have been invited by the Southeast Texas Labrador Rescue to work at their booth creating my computer portraits for donations. That means I won't be able to take Freckles like I've done the last two years to stroll around. People would stop me thinking he was a rare breed that they have never seen before. I always have a laugh and tell them he's a one of a kind Australian Border Spaniel.

I would take Duke to help work the crowd but this event is reserved to present Labs looking for a home and the rescue has, unfortunately, a lot of beautiful Labs ready for adoption. Just hope I can resist taking another one home with me.:D

Poor Freckles but good for you John ! Here's wishing you a successful outing and another adoption LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts