Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of this hub-bub with Toyota, I just did a quick check to see if there are any complaints about my FJ Cruiser (mine is an
'08). I found a whole bunch of complaints about windshields cracking! They're older complaints about '07's and '08's, but still. The strange thing is, the first week that I had mine, I got a big chip in the windshield! I wonder if it's because it's so short and straight up and down. Hmmm....

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yep, b/c it is straight up and down. We just got rid of ours, but it is all over the FJ forums. We had SEVERAL dings in ours by the time we traded it. I also have a car with a straight windshield with the same issue...we changed our insurance to accomodate the possibility.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you get rid of yours? I love mine! I love everything about it!!! I plan on keeping it forever. :nod:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Weeeelllll, I loathed ours from the first minute we got it :mmph: My DH liked it better since it was his daily driver, but in the end, there were just better vehicles for us out there.

The main thing was that it was our first foreign car...we had always bought American until we gto massively screwed in trade in value for our Explorer.We decided Foreign would keep their value, we are car people, so we rotate pretty often. But, for a Toyota we were kind of surprised how "stripped" the FJ was...granted thay had literally just come out, but we had to upgrade anti-theft out of the gate; there was NOTHING. We did it aftermarket b/c Toyota offered crap. Did the stereo system at the same time, but used a Toyota product that just sucked.

Secondly, you can't drive with the windows down on a beautiful day since there are no other windows that open in the back to difuse wind... you get massively buffeted from wind noise (and bad hair :biggrin1:) by the time you reach yoru destination. And ont hr weekends that was a big deal to us. (I know, I know...)

Third, you don't realize how often you use that backseat until you purchase a vehicle with those psuedo 4 doors and "jump seats" in the back. We had just had a grandbaby and my DD and the baby were with us for awhile, so that became an issue lugging in and out of the back seat.

We stuck it out for more than 2 yrs...maybe like 3, I can't remember when we got it, but as soon as DH saw the Avalanche's new design, we traded out.

I REALLY wanted to like ours...we had done a lot of off roading with 2 previous vehicles, and the "hoseable" interior appealed to us, but life changed, we didn't get to do any off roading with it, and I grew to dislike it a lot. But, I DO love the Avalanche!

Glad you like yours! We're always on the quest for that one car we will "have forever"...somehow knowing us though, I don't think one exists. :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Secondly, you can't drive with the windows down on a beautiful day since there are no other windows that open in the back to difuse wind...
Uh huh, my back window opens!! I drove it all summer last year and had no idea...my husband showed me a couple of months ago. Mine is fully loaded, including the "stereo" system and anti-theft - it came that way. What year was yours?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Uh huh, my back window opens!! I drove it all summer last year and had no idea...my husband showed me a couple of months ago. Mine is fully loaded, including the "stereo" system and anti-theft - it came that way. What year was yours?
Ours was the first model year...maybe an 05 or 06? We got it when people were fighting over them on the showroom b/c they had so few out in dealerships...we got ours b/c the couple in the cubby next to us didn't get approved with their financing.

Good to hear they improved on their design!! Everytime I took it in for maintenance I complained about how disappointing it was for our first Toyota, cause i'm just a ***** that way...but I thought it was a half assed attempt at a new model that they should have kept in the oven a bit longer to make spectacular...b/c it def had the potential to be.

Looks like they done good though since you lubs your so much. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts