Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Strange, sad dog at my back window! UPDATED WITH PIC

He is still here this AM (surprise!) I've fed him several times because he is very hungry. Took some pics and made a flyer to post around the area, at the local vets and the dog pound. Put him up in "dogtown" with a bed , food and water - hope he doesn't start barking. We can't keep him, so I hope someone claims him, or offers to adopt him.

We live out in the country. I came into the kitchen from taking a shower and saw a strange dog staring in through the French doors at me from the back deck! It's a smallish/med size bownish/black with some white. Friendly, submissive - I think that it would come right in the house. Not a real young dog, but appears to have a new red collar - no name tag of course. Skippy saw it and ran out and stood over him, very dominent, sniffing - NOT happy. When I tried to take his collar to get him inside, he actually did a low growl (now mom's not happy!) I talked him in, leaving strange dog outside. Emilu was more curious than anything. Of course the dog is thinnish and hungary, so I gave him 2 large Milkbone dog biscuits that he gobbled down. Now he's curled up on the deck sleeping. Guess I'll have to call around tomorrow and see if I can find who owns him - put and ad in the paper, and check the local pound so see if anyones asked about him. If he's there's tomorrow, Skippy isn't going to be happy.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I hope you find his owner. It's no fun to be lost.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, he sounds lost for sure Pat. I am so glad he picked your door to look in.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, what a sweet little face! I sure hope you find his owners, or a good adopter. You are a hero for watching out after him. :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Aww poor guy. Thank you for doing all that you are to try to help him find his way home.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spent the morning puttin the flyer around at local stores, 2 post-offices, 3 vets and the county animal shelter. One of the vet techs really thought she recognized him, but couldn't place him at the time -hopefully she remebers who she was thinking of. Found out some great news at the dog pound - this is a high kill shelter (keeps dogs 3-5 days), but they have some rescue people who are trying to take ALL the dogs that aren't claimed or adopted to rescues in Canada. They also put them on PetFinder, etc. The tranport gal was there taking some dogs while I went to put my flyer up and I talked with them quite a while. I want to find out more about where they are taking them, because even as I typed this, I thought "I sure hopr they are a reputable rescue and aren't taking the dogs for some bad purpose "

1 - 14 of 14 Posts