Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry, he was invited ;)

Last night we had dinner with some friends, and later they wanted to come back to the house and see the boys. :) They have met them before - we met them for a walk one day and took the boys with us.

But a strange man in the house is different, especially for Angus.

We made bets on the way home whether Angus would freak out. Kevin said yes. I thought yes too, but said no just so the bet would have another side.

I lost. :p

BUT, he did so well after a few minutes. I was really happy it was this particular guy. This is Glen, Kevin's good friend who was actually Crash's dog sitter for many, many years. When we would go on vacation Glen would come and stay at our house with Crash. He loved Crash, and Crash loved him. When Crash passed away, Glen wrote a very nice note with memories he had of Crash, and with it he mailed a little brown stuffed dog that looked just like Crash as a puppy. I couldn't believe he could find one that looked like him. Glen was very pleased, I think, to see that I have it displayed with Crash's memorial. I slept with that puppy for months after Crash died.

Anyway, it was really great for Angus to have someone over who is so intuitively good with dogs. He's very natural. Without being told, he knew exactly what to do to minimize Angus' fear. By the end of the night he'd almost completely won him over. Angus sat down beside him and licked his hands.

It was a really fun night. :) It's always so relaxing to have someone over who you know will understand your dogs.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
It is nice when people understand your dogs. I am glad Angus warmed up to him. You are right about knowing how to act with dogs.The right attitude and behavior can make all the difference in the dogs reaction. :)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Aww, that's a great story. It makes me really happy when I visit someone who has a cautious or reactive animal, and I can make them feel comfortable.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Good boy Angus! Glen sounds like a great guy! How sweet of him to write down his Crash memories and give you that puppy! (Oh and Connie I think we need a Crash pic! I wanna see that sweet face :).)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts