Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting around 5:30 last evening a severe line of storms started battering us. At 6:00 we lost power and as the winds kicked up we moved into an interior hallway as there were tornado warnings out. We had one feeble flashlight rapidly going out and one of those hand cranked flashlights that would only give good light when you cranked.
As the thunder and lightening increased Duke lost it and started peeing uncontrollably. I went and got towels and as I was trying to soak up Duke's spot Freckles started peeing, first into my shoe. Then as I was cleaning up Freckles spot he pooped all the way down the hall.
While Dukesmom cranked the light I was on my hands and knees cleaning up poop and trying to avoid two very wet spots.
The rains have continued all night and it's still coming down. Over 10" so far and several of our bayous and creeks are out of their banks.
This morning neither boy wanted to venture out but Duke finally waded into the back yard to do his business while Freckles still sat with his ears pinned back, not a happy camper. There was just a slight let up in the rain and with a lot of encouragement Freckles finally ventured out.
More rain is expected throught this morning and off and on for the next two days. I should have built an ark.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Puff does NOT like thunder and the closer it is, the less she likes it. If it's at night and she's sleeping beside me, she jumps down and heads for the bathroom/storm shelter which has reinforced concrete walls, ceiling, floor.

Bess liked T-storms even less. She'd act like she was having an anxiety attack so finally we gave her 5 mg of Valium when we heard of a severe storm heading our way. That didn't make her like them but it did cut down on the shivering and shaking.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Oh no! I can't imagine how freaked out they must have been!

Abbey doesn't like thunder or rain and will refuse to go potty if it's storming. We had a pretty loud thunder storm on Saturday and she was glued to me for the entire night and wouldn't go potty outside. Sylvester (the kitten) was hiding under the couch :(

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I was wondering how you were faring. Poor guys! How are they doing today?

Fortunately, Toby and Chamois don't get too freaked out by storms. They definitely don't like them, and Chamois doesn't like going out for potty in the rain, but they didn't get panicked during this last batch of bad weather. Of course, we never lost power, either, so I'm sure that helped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts