Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dermot Mulroney is NBC's new Jim Rockford.

In his first regular TV role, Mulroney is set to play the iconic private eye in the network's updated take on the hit 1970s drama that starred James Garner in the title role.

The new Jim Rockford is described as "slightly crumpled, wry humored, cynical, world weary, compassionate when it's called for and easily irritated by morons."

His troubled past includes doing some time as a convict and as a cop.

Aside from an arc on NBC's "Friends" in 2003, "My Best Friend's Wedding" co-star Mulroney has been focused on features, most recently appearing in "Burn After Reading."

NBC's "Rockford Files" was written by "House" creator David Shore, who is executive producing with Steve Carell.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
There is no imagination in programming today. Even the movies keep remaking old classics. Get real. Why do they think they are called classics? I hear they are planning to remake To Kill a Mockingbird. Nope, no way will a new version come anywhere close to the original.:nono:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Now they've gone too far. Rockford was like god in my house. My father loved it and you just didn't speak during that hour.

If Dad weren't already dead, this would have done it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
LOL..they are running out of original ideas.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
The sad thing is The Rockford Files was on of the few shows I liked. I'm not much of a TV veiwer so a remake of something I never watched is OK. For me remakes would equivalent to cloning the invisible man. Didn't see the orginal didn't see the clone.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Yeah, the old shows were GREAT. Nobody can TOUCH "My Mother the Car" THESE days!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts